VSAS dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedhokie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably will end up being a stupid question, but when looking at potential away rotations, I've noticed that most schools offer a range of dates that are more or less similar to each other. I don't know what happened with my school's schedule, but the time they have for our one month blocks seems to be staggered by a little over a week with most everyone else's, making it a little difficult to find away rotations that have a similar schedule or one that offers you to pick your own dates. Am I missing something here or is this like a lot of other things in med school where I just have to suck it up and make the best of what I have?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably will end up being a stupid question, but when looking at potential away rotations, I've noticed that most schools offer a range of dates that are more or less similar to each other. I don't know what happened with my school's schedule, but the time they have for our one month blocks seems to be staggered by a little over a week with most everyone else's, making it a little difficult to find away rotations that have a similar schedule or one that offers you to pick your own dates. Am I missing something here or is this like a lot of other things in med school where I just have to suck it up and make the best of what I have?

Yeah this is a common problem but not much you can do about it. Last year I had to take two months off just to do 1 away since it fell directly in the middle of my home school's schedule.