VSAS Question: Availabe Dates Range

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhoenixAZ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for apply for aways through VSAS and have a question about the available dates offered by the away institutions. What do the date ranges mean? For example, If one of the date ranges is 5/27 - 6/21, does it mean that I will be doing the away for those dates? What happen if my school’s block schedule doesn’t align with any of the date ranges? Since schools are all on different schedule, I am wondering how it works for away. Or does the date range mean the start of my 4-week away needs to fall within that range, and I can start based on my school’s block schedule?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If the date range is 5/27 - 6/21, it means the rotation starts on 5/27 and ends on 6/21. Some programs have options to type in your preferred rotation dates. If the program’s dates don’t work with your school’s schedule, check to see if your school will allow for the off-cycle away rotation or if the program can work with you to fit the rotation to your school’s schedule.