W on transcript

Started by romeslate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

romeslate

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks. I did some searching and found a few old posts pertaining to this, but I'd just like to see what some of you think anyway. I was a teacher (no longer am) and am taking my prereqs; I have a somewhat full load this semester (OCHM, A&P, Microbio, all with labs) and am also in the process of applying and studying for the OAT. I also am taking Cell Bio, which is not a prereq anywhere. I took it because I thought it would be good to have a few extra science classes since I don't have a science degree. So, finally, my question is what do you think of me dropping Cell Bio and taking a W and making sure to focus on the prereqs and apps and the OAT? Basically give myself some more time. I have a 4.0 in all my other prereqs (Gen Chm, Gen Bio, Gen Phy, Calc) and a 3.7 overall. Is a W a big deal? Hope that wasn't too long. Many thanks!
 
I took a W on a physics class. I ended up with a 3.65 total GPA. I was accepted into a school and they didn't even ask me about my W. So my 1 W didn't hurt me at all. They may ask you why you got a W though, so you would probably need to explain it. Anyways, the point is, is that my W didn't hurt me in my case.
 
I personally think you should have the least amount of W's on the transcript so if you have 1 or two it should be fine. Be ready to talk about why you got a W during the interview process. If you have no other options just take the W cuz you've got not other choice
 
How do schools look at audits on your transcript...are they looked down upon????