W or fail

Started by figurefly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

figurefly

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it better to get a W in a class or fail a BCPM. Already have 2 C's. Not a likely possibility of getting a C in the class, though I am not sure. Not sure to withdraw or not and how this looks on transcript.
_________________________________________________________
Edit: My prehealth advisor said stay in the class and see though I am not too sure. This would be my first W ever and it would be for Ochem 2. I think I may W out, stay in the class and take notes and do problems so that I have some foundation when I repeat. Hope this is not a mistake. Thank you everyone.
 
Last edited:
both will raise questions. W won't be factored into your GPA while an F will. if you have a good explanation and don't already have a plethora of Ws on your transcript, I'd take that for your GPA's sake and retake the class (get an A).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A > B > W if you don't have other Ws > C > W if you already have a couple Ws > failing > many many Ws > many many fails

Be careful using this as a freshman/sophomore. One W to avoid a C can very quickly turn into multiple W (which leads to a whole additional semester minimum) where the Cs would have just looked better.

If I repeated all my Cs I'd have to take an additional year (due to how either classes are scheduled or how many classes I'd have to retake).
 
Do not risk an F/D if you think it is going to be a close call (regardless what your adviser tells you). It will hang onto your GPA forever.
 
W. Whatever you do, don't take the F...or you will hold that L for years to come.
 
Be careful using this as a freshman/sophomore. One W to avoid a C can very quickly turn into multiple W (which leads to a whole additional semester minimum) where the Cs would have just looked better.

If I repeated all my Cs I'd have to take an additional year (due to how either classes are scheduled or how many classes I'd have to retake).

This is what I want to say. I did this to avoid a B T.T