WAG dumb as ****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killingbill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why does WAG have people drop off prescriptions at the same register as picking up prescriptions? Even with 2 registers open, having people drop off prescriptions is so stupid while people behind them waiting to pick up something as they wait for the person ahead of them to be added in the system, ask for refills on things that they don't know the names of, claim that they have been there before when in fact they were at another location. STUPID WORKFLOW. You would think have a pharmacist as CEO that there would be a better workflow. No wonder why my WAG stock is in the toilet.

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the time, you don't have enough people to have the in window open. I haven't had many problems with this workflow.

Why does WAG have people drop off prescriptions at the same register as picking up prescriptions? Even with 2 registers open, having people drop off prescriptions is so stupid while people behind them waiting to pick up something as they wait for the person ahead of them to be added in the system, ask for refills on things that they don't know the names of, claim that they have been there before when in fact they were at another location. STUPID WORKFLOW. You would think have a pharmacist as CEO that there would be a better workflow. No wonder why my WAG stock is in the toilet.
Actually, i dont have any problem with that workflow, as i am working most of the time by myself. However, i always wonder why there are 2 drive thru lanes, as we can only help one lane at a time. Whoever came up with the second lane idea was stupid as hell

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, i dont have any problem with that workflow, as i am working most of the time by myself. However, i always wonder why there are 2 drive thru lanes, as we can only help one lane at a time. Whoever came up with the second lane idea was stupid as hell

Yeah, that always gets me also.

I would not want to have pickup and dropoff at the same station (isn't that how pharmacy was in the good ole days? :laugh:), but maybe there is something about the workflow at Walgreens that makes it work, I don't know. Sounds like a nightmare to me.

The system actually works well, I don't understand what the problem is. WAG idea is to take the script, scan it in under patients name and that is it. The whole prescription entry process is then balanced over the entire pharmacy as anyone can then type the script in. (or over the entire district if workload balancing is in place)

So with that in mind....whats the point of the drop off window again?

Yeah, that always gets me also.

I would not want to have pickup and dropoff at the same station (isn't that how pharmacy was in the good ole days? :laugh:), but maybe there is something about the workflow at Walgreens that makes it work, I don't know. Sounds like a nightmare to me.

They actually took the 2nd lane out up here at both stores that had them.

The second lane is not installed in new stores if the projected volume is less than 400 rx/day. It can be removed from existing stores if it breaks down if the volume is that low.

Truly harrowing.

And you get the "No **** sherlock" award for the day for the thread title.

yeah, I've been told that if our second lane breaks down, then we no longer have the second lane...I can't wait until it breaks.

Yup plus sometimes you have an a dumb customer who keeps pressing the button in lane 2 while they are looking at you talking to lane 1.