WAGs in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tessq

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm with WAGs currently and thinking about a transfer to NYC. Was wondering if there are some WAGS folk out there who could give me a general idea what it's like working there (i.e. if new transfers/grads get enough hours for FT, if you end up going to the less desirable stores, what to expect from clientele in different neighbourhoods, safety concerns (I was robbed twice personally :/ ), any other advice you would have. Ideally, I'd love overnight, but hear those are filled and still not sure how I feel about taking public trans late at night. Granted, I understand the market is saturated and should've done this years ago, but feel like this is one of the things I need to cross off my checklist as things to do. Just not sure if now is the time to do it, or if it's just going to get worse if I wait longer... Feel free to PM too if you like.

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to transfer there too! Please, PLEASE let me know if there is any spot available. I willing to consider strip dancing for the DM if it is what it takes to get a position in Big Apple.

I do not know if Wags is like CVS but any DM/Pharmacy supervisor loves numbers. If your store has good numbers and you are a superstar, they will transfer you no problem.

If you are a pharmacy student... that is a tougher gig to sell.

Ask your current DM to contact the NYC DM and inquire about openings. Your current DM should help arrange a nice transition.