Wags-Pharm Tech Floating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xPharmGirlx

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I posted this in "pre-pharm" too but

I'm starting pharm school in the fall and I wanted to be like a "floater" technician. I've been with walgreens for about a year now and I was wondering how I do this?

I talked to my manager and he didnt seem to be of too much help, he didn't have any information on how i could do this, someone told me it was called a "bridge of service", where i was techinally not deleted from the system and was able to pick up shifts near my college or when I was home for the weekend...

Has anyone else done this? or know about it?


Any Info would help!!

Thanks!
 
Did you want to work during the year? Basically a floater tech would be someone that picks up open shifts at various stores, without a set schedule. You have to work one shift a month to remain on payroll, afaik. I don't know much about bridges of service, except that people that have done them have described them as a "pain"

Whichever store wanted to use you for a shift would "borrow" you from your home store
 
Did you want to work during the year? Basically a floater tech would be someone that picks up open shifts at various stores, without a set schedule. You have to work one shift a month to remain on payroll, afaik. I don't know much about bridges of service, except that people that have done them have described them as a "pain"

Whichever store wanted to use you for a shift would "borrow" you from your home store

interns do not have to maintain the one day a month as their position code has special characteristics