Wait List=Abandon All Hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taven7755

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After all of the work and my interview, I am currently on a "HOLD" at NOVA. I do not have anything else to turn in to the commitee, so obviously they are looking at who takes up their seats and who rejects them. My question is simple: Do I have any chance at this point or should I give up? I feel like my app is competitive, and it stinks bc Opt is all I want to do, and Nova is my last hope. Anyone get in like this? Thank you!!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

There's still hope, I'm giving up my seat at NOVA, maybe it will be yours! :)

I'm curious, when you say your app is competitive, what do you mean? What are your stats?
I would still hang in there, its way too early to give up. People don't take their seats all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
In regards to the last question....Stats are 3.1 GPA (I was a chem engineering for 2 years and that hit me hard), 340AA 350TS on the OAT, I was also in the air force ROTC for two years, then worked in a joint private practice for 2 years...

Also, in response to another post...I really didn't know this is still considered early in the process. I have been losing it lately!!!:eek:

Don't loose hope.. you still have time!... I know it's easier said than done, but just be patient.

is on "hold" and waitlist the same thing?

hmmmm strange, I didn't realize they started the "holds". I was a pretty late applicant and they actually gave me an interview which I have this week. My stats are very similar to yours except I have a masters so I'm hoping that's going to make the difference.

Thanks to everyone that has replied. I was told I will find out about the HOLD candidates around the 15th, so it's getting close. If I don't get in, the dream might just be dead and that is depressing. I already have 5 years of school and the thought of waiting another year is tough to think about. On top of that, I will have to find a way to support myself once my scholarships run out in May...The thought of how much rides on this one decision is making me crazy, and I'm not too sure my chances are all that good:(. I know I can do it, and that is the most frustrating part. I will post again when I get my answer. Let's hope it's the right one!!

That's kind of strange. I just received an interview invite for May 2nd at noon. Had to retake the OAT April 7th(90 day waiting period from Jan 2nd), gave me an interview invite April 8th. AA 330 TS 350 GPA 3.54 Major Physiology and Kinesiology.

hmmmm strange, I didn't realize they started the "holds". I was a pretty late applicant and they actually gave me an interview which I have this week. My stats are very similar to yours except I have a masters so I'm hoping that's going to make the difference.

asmaka19, what do u have your masters in?

Human Genetics. The interview went awesome however I was on "hold" due to my application not being complete (missing reference letter). So now I'm waiting....

I was also placed on the waitlist at OSU, do you think I have a chance to enter the class of 2008, I am so frustrated.
icon9.gif
Was any one put on the waitlist at OSU ?.

Thanks to everyone that has replied. I was told I will find out about the HOLD candidates around the 15th, so it's getting close. If I don't get in, the dream might just be dead and that is depressing. I already have 5 years of school and the thought of waiting another year is tough to think about. On top of that, I will have to find a way to support myself once my scholarships run out in May...The thought of how much rides on this one decision is making me crazy, and I'm not too sure my chances are all that good:(. I know I can do it, and that is the most frustrating part. I will post again when I get my answer. Let's hope it's the right one!!

I wonder if Taven7755 got an answer yet...