Wait list movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emorypredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like wait lists aren't moving much. Does anyone know when we should expect a wave of major movement? Will it just be slow movement till classes start?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it just me or does it seem like wait lists aren't moving much. Does anyone know when we should expect a wave of major movement? Will it just be slow movement till classes start?

That is what it seems like. I am on two and it doesn't look like either of them have moved in a while. I am hoping to see some movement soon

I think they are taking their time and pick carefully.

I suggest you move forward to your next plan as if you Weren't in a waitlist

If they called you, Great!
If not, screw them, you already moved on with your new plans.

Members don't see this ad :)
Easier said than done. It would be really unethical to quit a lot of the stuff I want to do if I do end up getting in. Also it is hard to fully invest in another opportunity when I will be spending every moment hoping I go to dental school.

Currently I'm on five wait lists. This makes it especially hard since I feel like I have to at least hear from one......

I wish they just ranked wait lists and told us our rank.

Easier said than done. It would be really unethical to quit a lot of the stuff I want to do if I do end up getting in. Also it is hard to fully invest in another opportunity when I will be spending every moment hoping I go to dental school.

Currently I'm on five wait lists. This makes it especially hard since I feel like I have to at least hear from one......

I wish they just ranked wait lists and told us our rank.

Which schools are you waitlisted at? I was waitlisted at 6 schools an got a called this monday.

WVU School of Dentistry
Class of 2017

Detroit, Louisville, Maryland, MWU-AZ, Penn. I applied in October so all but Detroit and MWU were post-Dec interviews. Maryland and Penn were late march. So I assume most of my interviews were for WL spots.

Don't give up yet!!! You still have a chance for this cycle especially 5 schools waitlisted. Good luck!

WVU School of Dentistry
Class of 2017

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty good at handling bad news, my issue is the lack of transparency in the process. Just having a more concrete idea of where I stand and when I can expect to hear back would be extremely helpful.

Well, almost all schools are already done with their 2nd deposite, so they have a pretty final class. If you didn't already get in this week, maybe give it another week. At most, 2 weeks and if you don't hear back, chances are very slim. Not what you want to hear, but after that, the only chances of getting in is if someone just decided on a career change or some freak-show accident.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty good at handling bad news, my issue is the lack of transparency in the process. Just having a more concrete idea of where I stand and when I can expect to hear back would be extremely helpful.

Yup. Hate the lack of transparency too. I rather the school tell me that I'm last on their waitlist than to let me hang on like this...

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I'm starting to really worry. But I'm just hoping a bunch of people were holding multiple spots and that would create a bit of a domino/cascading effect where people that get accepted withdraw from other schools and then open up spots at those schools, etc.

Isn't the last day to hold multiple spots on April 1st?

Not exactly. A list is made on April 1st, schools are given the names of their students holding multiple spots on April 5th. Schools then have to give students 15days notice. At least that's my understanding of the rules.

Not exactly. A list is made on April 1st, schools are given the names of their students holding multiple spots on April 5th. Schools then have to give students 15days notice. At least that's my understanding of the rules.

Also Canadian schools give out acceptances around this time which should open up spots at UDM and other schools.

There is still hope, don't give up just yet. The UDM wait list is moving and I believe will continue to move as more and more Canadian students get their acceptance!

You definitely shouldn't give up until the end of June. Around 3 people posted that they withdrew from Penn just in the last week so it has to be like that at other schools too

Thanks for the encouragement! The hardest thing for me is the constant suspense of thinking "today could be the day."

Gave up my seat at MWU AZ this week, maybe you'll move up!

The problem with MWU-AZ is that there are 175 people on the alternate list, some people on the wait list and the class is currently full. At least that's what I was told....