1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

wait list

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by image512, Mar 22, 2004.

1. image512

image512 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

has any one had the situation of interviewing in many schools and get wait listed in most and the others did not answer yet?
    cause that sucks and I don't have a clue as to what I should do :rolleyes: :smuggrin:
    some advice please before I go crazy:(

2. Dentalist

Dentalist carpe diem
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    image512,

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be worried. I believe that many people get off waitlist from dental schools, especially the ones that have low yield rate. People who hold multiple acceptances will withdraw from many schools. If you are currently waitlisted at certain schools, I would try to send updated information, and show them that you are truly interested in their school. Also, if you have a particular school that you would like to attend, you can send LOI to them also.

Good luck

3. ziptree

ziptree DDS
    10+ Year Member

If you're waitlisted at NYU or BU, I'd say you have pretty good chances of getting into either.

Keep your hopes up and don't give up! Good luck.

4. image512

image512 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks for the advice, hopefully I will receive some acceptances pretty soon in my mail. I try to keep my sanity and not think too much on those stuff. The worst part of this process is that you go to your interviews, you spend the money for the airplanes and hotels and you miss school for those days and you put a lot of energy in doing well and you think you did PRETTY WELL and then you get that stupid wait list mail and it is such a downer.
    Any ways I am just gonna wait and see what happens

5. Image512, i know exactly how you feel. I had the same feeling for UConn those bastards! I don't know why they would interview for waitlist that is SOoooooooooo GAY! Wouldn't wanna go there anyways. It is in the middle of nowhere....Best dental school or not it is GOING DOWN!

6. image512

image512 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

seems like you have strong feeling toward UConn?
    +pissed+

7. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

Yah I heard a rumour from a guy, who is my barber's best friend's sister-in-law's mailman's brother that UConn is having some serious problems and that its on its last legs and will not be here in the near future. Beware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. DMDgirl2008

DMDgirl2008 Member
    7+ Year Member

Which schools are you waitlisted at? Find out from them when they require a 2nd deposit from the people that are accepted. I assume that a lot of people won't send in a 2nd deposit because they have decided to go to another school.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist

forget the fact that they interviewed for the waitlist. i don't even think they were doing that. they were simply interviewing for no reason. heck, i was told i had a good spot on the waitlist but it won't matter since they couldn't go to their waitlist this yr anyways.

if they are really doing this, then i do hope they go down.
    damn never thought i'd cheer for duke, but since they are playing uconn, GO DUKE:laugh:

10. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

yah Im cheering for Duke as well just out of spite!

11. redicon1

redicon1 Member
    7+ Year Member

Well grapes tend to be sour when they are out of reach. UCONN interviews coz if they see some potential they wanna find out more -- and trust me, there is ALWAYS a place in the class if you are super KICK_ASS candidate... also spots open up due to kids dropping out or deciding that they can't hack it. when you have the second smallest entering class in the nation sopts are going to fill up fast. consider the opportunity to interview as a chance to get to know another school and their program.

12. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist

do you know why they scheduled interviews when in all reality they had more people put their dep than they had room for?

sour grapes or not sour, i think its totally wrong to interview peep when they know they have too many people put down their dep.

13. BigJake

BigJake Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wait listed at Creighton and CU. Rejected at Arizona. I see a nasty trend.

BigJake