Quantcast

wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

image512

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
has any one had the situation of interviewing in many schools and get wait listed in most and the others did not answer yet?
cause that sucks and I don't have a clue as to what I should do :rolleyes: :smuggrin:
some advice please before I go crazy:(
 

Dentalist

carpe diem
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
349
Reaction score
0
image512,

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be worried. I believe that many people get off waitlist from dental schools, especially the ones that have low yield rate. People who hold multiple acceptances will withdraw from many schools. If you are currently waitlisted at certain schools, I would try to send updated information, and show them that you are truly interested in their school. Also, if you have a particular school that you would like to attend, you can send LOI to them also.

Good luck
 

ziptree

DDS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2003
Messages
462
Reaction score
6
If you're waitlisted at NYU or BU, I'd say you have pretty good chances of getting into either.

Keep your hopes up and don't give up! Good luck.
 

image512

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
thanks for the advice, hopefully I will receive some acceptances pretty soon in my mail. I try to keep my sanity and not think too much on those stuff. The worst part of this process is that you go to your interviews, you spend the money for the airplanes and hotels and you miss school for those days and you put a lot of energy in doing well and you think you did PRETTY WELL and then you get that stupid wait list mail and it is such a downer.
Any ways I am just gonna wait and see what happens
 
W

Woodsy

Image512, i know exactly how you feel. I had the same feeling for UConn those bastards! I don't know why they would interview for waitlist that is SOoooooooooo GAY! Wouldn't wanna go there anyways. It is in the middle of nowhere....Best dental school or not it is GOING DOWN!
 

image512

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
seems like you have strong feeling toward UConn?
+pissed+
 

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
3
Yah I heard a rumour from a guy, who is my barber's best friend's sister-in-law's mailman's brother that UConn is having some serious problems and that its on its last legs and will not be here in the near future. Beware.
 

DMDgirl2008

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by image512
has any one had the situation of interviewing in many schools and get wait listed in most and the others did not answer yet?
cause that sucks and I don't have a clue as to what I should do :rolleyes: :smuggrin:
some advice please before I go crazy:(

Which schools are you waitlisted at? Find out from them when they require a 2nd deposit from the people that are accepted. I assume that a lot of people won't send in a 2nd deposit because they have decided to go to another school.

GOOD LUCK!!!
 

PERFECT3435

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
1,416
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Woodsy
I had the same feeling for UConn those bastards! I don't know why they would interview for waitlist that is SOoooooooooo GAY! Wouldn't wanna go there anyways.


forget the fact that they interviewed for the waitlist. i don't even think they were doing that. they were simply interviewing for no reason. heck, i was told i had a good spot on the waitlist but it won't matter since they couldn't go to their waitlist this yr anyways.


if they are really doing this, then i do hope they go down.
damn never thought i'd cheer for duke, but since they are playing uconn, GO DUKE:laugh:
 

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
3
yah Im cheering for Duke as well just out of spite!
 

redicon1

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 16, 2003
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Well grapes tend to be sour when they are out of reach. UCONN interviews coz if they see some potential they wanna find out more -- and trust me, there is ALWAYS a place in the class if you are super KICK_ASS candidate... also spots open up due to kids dropping out or deciding that they can't hack it. when you have the second smallest entering class in the nation sopts are going to fill up fast. consider the opportunity to interview as a chance to get to know another school and their program.


Originally posted by Woodsy
Image512, i know exactly how you feel. I had the same feeling for UConn those bastards! I don't know why they would interview for waitlist that is SOoooooooooo GAY! Wouldn't wanna go there anyways. It is in the middle of nowhere....Best dental school or not it is GOING DOWN!
 

PERFECT3435

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
1,416
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by redicon1
Well grapes tend to be sour when they are out of reach. UCONN interviews coz if they see some potential they wanna find out more -- and trust me, there is ALWAYS a place in the class if you are super KICK_ASS candidate...


do you know why they scheduled interviews when in all reality they had more people put their dep than they had room for?



sour grapes or not sour, i think its totally wrong to interview peep when they know they have too many people put down their dep.
 

BigJake

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Wait listed at Creighton and CU. Rejected at Arizona. I see a nasty trend.

BigJake
 
Top