wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilez4u

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey does anyone have any good advice on what to do while you're on waitlist to show the school how much you want to get in? what have people done in the past who have gotten in off of waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

i actually did nothing .. i think if you find out that you're on the highest tier of any waitlist, then eventually you'll get in when the list starts to move .. if you're on the lower tiers, i hear people send in updates, more recommendations, an LOI, and from what i see on SDN, they call them a hell of a freakin' lot .. :)

My recommendation, which should be taken with a grain of salt since I haven't gone through this process yet, would be to write a very very specific LOI indicating why you love the program, how your personal qualifications would add something to the class, your excellent experience at the interview, and how if you are accepted, you will absolutely drop any other waitlists or acceptances at once. I am not a fan of calling all the time since I think it probably bugs the Admissions offices, but a few well-timed and succinct phone calls won't hurt.