Wait listed at UVa.....lil help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EW1779

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey kids....

I got waitlisted @ UVa....which is disappointing b/c I got a really positive vibe from them. They're my first choice...so I am wondering if anyone out there is in the same boat or has gotten in off the wait list. They don't use a ranking system so I really have no idea what to expect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

anyone???????

Unfortunately, I don't know anything -- I wish I could help. Anyway, just wanted to say good luck!
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Applicants invited to be on the wait-list are asked to send in their intentions on the postcard sent with the invitation. Applicants whose names are placed on the alternate list, and their premedical advisors are welcome to call Ms. Beth Bailey (804 924 5571) to discuss admissions matters. These applicants are welcome to submit any new information and materials to support the application. Greatest movement from the alternate list occurs mid-June to mid-August.

Of 139 first year places, 90 (65%) are reserved for Virginia residents. For the 2000-2001 class: of 3,011 out-of-state applicants, 281 were interviewed, 42 were in the entering class. (There may have been more offered places). Of the 689 In-State applicants, 220 were interviewed, 97 were in the entering class.

The entering class had a mean GPA of 3.67 and a mean MCAT score of 10.65.

all i know is that last year, they accepted all of 2 people off the alternate list during the summer.

and 3 the previous year...

In 1998, 12 applicants were admitted after June 15.