Wait listed Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My aadsas application status says "Wait listed" for NSU, I was wondering if anyone has information about how many brilliant students are one the wait list and so forth....

I've attempted to call, but no answer.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My AADSAS also says Wait listed. Not sure how many people are on the waitlist, but I will probably be withdrawing my application sometime this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you withdraw your application and what exactly does that mean for you as an applicant.

I got WL'd also

Got wait listed too o well

GPA -3.85 sGPA-3.81 DAT-19

Me too. I thought the interview went very well and my stats are competitive. A little confused about the whole thing.

Yea, i'm on that list 2... I feel dumb because a really walked out of that interview thinking I was in 4sure!...I guess we'll see what happens! :xf:

Me too. I thought the interview went very well and my stats are competitive. A little confused about the whole thing.

I walked out of there very confident too. I dont think its about stats i think they took the applicants who they thought would accept their offer instead of going to other schools.

I walked out of there very confident too. I dont think its about stats i think they took the applicants who they thought would accept their offer instead of going to other schools.

I doubt it... I've seen some people with very high stats get in. I don't think the committee sits there and chooses mediocre students first over the best choices.

I doubt it... I've seen some people with very high stats get in. I don't think the committee sits there and chooses mediocre students first over the best choices.

take it for what its worth but i shadowed a dentist who was a nova grad and thats what he told .

however you need to justify your results, bro....

I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. Im not bitter about being waitlisted at nova and dont need to justify anything. I got 4 acceptances today and would gladly attend any of those schools. But demographics and stats do make an influence in the decision process too. If the admission committee has to chose between two people , say one lives in san francisco with a 22 DAT and another from south carolina or florida with a 20 DAT. They are gonna go with the guy with a 20 that lives closer and is more likely to attend that school rather than picking the guy with the higher stats that has to move across the country. If they offer the guy with the higher stats its more likely that he'll choose somewhere close to home and they'll end up missing out on both applicants. All these factors play a role and that's what i was trying to convey to the guy because his stats/interview were good and other things may have come into play. Congrats on getting into nova im sure your gonna have a great education and enjoy your time there.

I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. Im not bitter about being waitlisted at nova and dont need to justify anything. I got 4 acceptances today and would gladly attend any of those schools. But demographics and stats do make an influence in the decision process too. If the admission committee has to chose between two people , say one lives in san francisco with a 22 DAT and another from south carolina or florida with a 20 DAT. They are gonna go with the guy with a 20 that lives closer and is more likely to attend that school rather than picking the guy with the higher stats that has to move across the country. If they offer the guy with the higher stats its more likely that he'll choose somewhere close to home and they'll end up missing out on both applicants. All these factors play a role and that's what i was trying to convey to the guy because his stats/interview were good and other things may have come into play.

Yeah, those points may be valid. But, did you consider the other possibility that based on your interview, you didn't "fit" the class they're designing?

Congrats on getting into nova im sure your gonna have a great education and enjoy your time there.

Thanks for the congrats, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choices. I only commented on this thread because I am expecting a rejection/waitlist from one of my top choices (UF). I also meet favorable demographic and statistical criteria for the school (Florida resident; 3.9 GPA, 21 DAT). However, based on my less-than-stellar interview performance there, I can only assume that I don't "fit" into the class environment they want to create. Regardless, we both got acceptances, we'll both be dentists in a few years, and everyone who's gotten acceptances has earned & deserved them. Not everyone gets into every school they apply to. I'd hate to be an adcom and have to reject/waitlist someone who deserves a spot. W/e, I'm out to have some drinks. You should do the same... celebrate.

Yeah, those points may be valid. But, did you consider the other possibility that based on your interview, you didn't "fit" the class they're designing?

Thanks for the congrats, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choices. I only commented on this thread because I am expecting a rejection/waitlist from one of my top choices (UF). I also meet favorable demographic and statistical criteria for the school (Florida resident; 3.9 GPA, 21 DAT). However, based on my less-than-stellar interview performance there, I can only assume that I don't "fit" into the class environment they want to create. Regardless, we both got acceptances, we'll both be dentists in a few years, and everyone who's gotten acceptances has earned & deserved them. Not everyone gets into every school they apply to. I'd hate to be an adcom and have to reject/waitlist someone who deserves a spot. W/e, I'm out to have some drinks. You should do the same... celebrate.

Yeah i agree man they are looking for people that "fit" their class and thats huge too. Like you said we both got accepted today so no worries i'll gladly drink to that :) cheers :thumbup: