Wait-listed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sayilohyee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How possible is it to be actually accepted eventually as a current wait-listed person?? I know it's possible somehow....but is it like 10% = accepted, 90%= rejected ???

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools let you know what number you are on their waitlist...but if you don't know what number than it's so hard to tell because if you are near top then you are for sure in but near bottom than probably not..hope this helps..maybe call the school to ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
Private expensive dental schools = fast moving waitlist

Cheap state schools = maybe 2-3 people will get in

Everything else between is just guess work

Some schools let you know what number you are on their waitlist...but if you don't know what number than it's so hard to tell because if you are near top then you are for sure in but near bottom than probably not..hope this helps..maybe call the school to ask?

Then...how long do schools USually take to accept/reject the wait-listed applicants??

Do they even REALLY make a decision upon wait-listed applicants??

Waitlists probably won't be considered until Jan 15th at the earliest after everyone has declared a school. After that it is between the waitlists and the post Dec1 interviews for the spots. Some people are off that list quickly others find out 1 day before class starts, some just wait until classes have started and then receive a rejection in the mail. All depends on you and the school.

I spooke to both of the schools taht I am alternate/wailisted at and this is what I was told.

MWU: there is no numbering system. An alternate/waitlist is comprised after each acceptance notification goes out (there are 3 total and now there are 2 left). Once the list of alternate/waitlisted is made then they review each applicant again to select spots for openings that may become available. But again NO number is assigned.

ASDOH: there is noofficial alternate/waitlist. All applicants that did not get rejected are still being considered until the first day of school. That is all I was told.

Good luck to all and may a butt load of people bail on dental school this year.

I spooke to both of the schools taht I am alternate/wailisted at and this is what I was told.

MWU: there is no numbering system. An alternate/waitlist is comprised after each acceptance notification goes out (there are 3 total and now there are 2 left). Once the list of alternate/waitlisted is made then they review each applicant again to select spots for openings that may become available. But again NO number is assigned.

ASDOH: there is noofficial alternate/waitlist. All applicants that did not get rejected are still being considered until the first day of school. That is all I was told.

Good luck to all and may a butt load of people bail on dental school this year.

So ASDOH told you, you were waitlisted/alternate?

So ASDOH told you, you were waitlisted/alternate?

Please see previous post. But for clarification. ASDOH di dnot state taht I was an alternate/waitlisted specifically. What was said was that if I was not rejected after the interview (which I was not) and I was not accepted on Dec 1st (which I was not) then I am still being considered up unitl the day classes start.

That makes those of us in the same boat in the same boat with regard to alternate/waitlist at ASDOH.