Wait Lists/ Alternate Lists ~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsjeff77

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, some of you might receive an invitation to 'sit' on your arrss and wait until highly qualified applicants give 'em the NO GO!...
What would be nice to know are some thoughts/rumors/stats about the movement on some of these wait lists at each school...
Give your two cents. :cool:
Thanks
J
Hopefully, not too many of us will have to wait that long ! :D

Members don't see this ad.

ya i'm curious to see how many people got alternate lists already... i still haven't heard from anyone, haven't gotten rejected yet either though... makes me wonder..

so i have been invited to alternate position at case.. is it worth it to go? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ddsjeff77 said:
So, some of you might receive an invitation to 'sit' on your arrss and wait until highly qualified applicants give 'em the NO GO!...
What would be nice to know are some thoughts/rumors/stats about the movement on some of these wait lists at each school...
Give your two cents. :cool:
Thanks
J
Hopefully, not too many of us will have to wait that long ! :D

Hey ddsjeff77, how did your UPitt interview go? I have mine on the 13th of this month. Where were you waitlisted? A waitlist spot is better than a rejection, just remember that. Have hope!

Nismoboy said:
A waitlist spot is better than a rejection, just remember that. Have hope!

Darn right, in my case, a waitlist is just about as good as an acceptance. I was told when I called OSU that I had been placed on their out-of-state waitlist and that I was #2 out of 37 that they put on the list. The lady said don't be surprised if we call you to offer you a spot before your letter of confirmation for the waitlist arrives. She said they see a lot of turnover on the waitlist, especially this early in the acceptance process. So as far as I'm concerned, being #2 is just as good as being accepted, I'll just have to be patient and wait!!

On the alternate list at UF. Waiting to move up on the list.... :sleep:

maski said:
On the alternate list at UF. Waiting to move up on the list.... :sleep:

me too...I just got off the phone with Kristy and she told me that last year no one was taken off of the waitlist, but the year before a few were taken off. Then I tried to ask her how many were on the list and she couldn't tell me but she said quite a few :mad: . She also told me that UF will be interviewing until February and that we may not hear anything until march or april when everybody (that actually got an acceptance) has paid their final deposits. I hope this info helps.

I got an interview invite for the alternate life at Case and could not get in until April 28. Looks like I won't be going there. I also got put on the waitlist at Louisville which totally crushed me. Hopefully they won't wait too long to pull people from it.

just a friendly reminder for everyone that has gotten accepted to their first choice, please call up your other schools and withdraw so that those of us on hold or on "still reviewing" lists can hear sooner :cool:

Biogirl361 said:
just a friendly reminder for everyone that has gotten accepted to their first choice, please call up your other schools and withdraw so that those of us on hold or on "still reviewing" lists can hear sooner :cool:

Quit Whining :laugh: