Wait, which schools should I apply to?

Started by bmclinn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bmclinn

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a list of schools (18ish) I'm interested in based on tuition, dual degree, and location and a few other factors. But I'm worried I'm setting my sights TOO HIGH. Some schools I'm looking at: UK, Purdue, South Carolina, U of I, Southern Illinois, UCONN, Wisconsin, etc (all are in midwest-east coast). Are these schools all out of my reach? If so what backup schools should I apply to? How do I know which schools are safer bets than others since the only statistic that's given for all schools is avg GPA? I don't want to settle for a program but I also don't want to pay supp fees for 18 schools...

GPA: 3.17
PCAT: 89
LORs: 2 strong, 1 good
Exp: ~10hrs community service per semester, 12hrs shadowing
Good personal statement
 
If your out of state for Wisconsin, you might want to reconsider since they accept a very HIGH amount of instate applicants and a very LOW amount of out of state.