Waiting for match Day.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pookies

Happy Fun Pathologist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! That's LADoc00!

i doubt that the cat applied to residency.

I'm sure he signed out of the match with some perks thrown in :laugh:

Are you doubting the slide reading ability of that cat? How dare you! Or are you some sort of cat hater who doesn't believe that cats have equal rights in the field of pathology?

Pingu said:
Are you doubting the slide reading ability of that cat? How dare you! Or are you some sort of cat hater who doesn't believe that cats have equal rights in the field of pathology?
you're a penguin. you have no right to speak for the feline population! :laugh: :p

So now penguins have no chance at matching :(

I guess I should just prepare myself for the scramble which will confirm all my paranoid delusions that penguins just can't do path or fly

Pingu said:
So now penguins have no chance at matching :(

I guess I should just prepare myself for the scramble which will confirm all my paranoid delusions that penguins just can't do path or fly
now now no need to jump to conclusions...i just sayin' that penguins can't speak for cats.

I find the nature of this thread disgusting and offensive. You have lived your whole life as a hominid, bipedal, with opposable thumbs and a highly advanced brain. For you, getting a residency is relatively easy... you barely have to try, right? Think of the poor cats who have to struggle with everything they've got just to get a spot. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm enjoying my time (re)playing all those ol' classic nintendo games...super mario, zelda, etc. ON THE COMPUTER (which is sweet b/c you save your games !!!)

anyone interested (who already hasn't heard about this -- i did my frosh year of undergrad, and have spend NUMEROUS hours playing away my days!!):

http://bloodlust.zophar.net/NESticle/nes.html

download the program called "nesticle", then games
if this website doesn't work well for yah, there literally are 1.6 billion trillion websites out there, simply type "nesticle" or "nesticle games" into any search engine.

heh, for those interested (or esp for those who've already got nesticle -- ahem,...andy????????) i was thinking of starting a thread where we could share some of the nesticle games you've found -- ONLY prob. is sometimes finding the exact classic game you might, ex: based loaded 2 etc...
PM me, and/or reply to this post if interested...

a GREAT way to spend not only the time until match day, but def. also until July 1 !!!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard of nesticle until today after reading your post. So I don't have any nesticle games. I've heard of testicles though. I have two of them, in fact, after my 3rd testicle got bitten off by a rabid belgian monkey.

SLUsagar said:
i'm enjoying my time (re)playing all those ol' classic nintendo games...super mario, zelda, etc. ON THE COMPUTER (which is sweet b/c you save your games !!!)

anyone interested (who already hasn't heard about this -- i did my frosh year of undergrad, and have spend NUMEROUS hours playing away my days!!):

http://bloodlust.zophar.net/NESticle/nes.html

download the program called "nesticle", then games
if this website doesn't work well for yah, there literally are 1.6 billion trillion websites out there, simply type "nesticle" or "nesticle games" into any search engine.

heh, for those interested (or esp for those who've already got nesticle -- ahem,...andy????????) i was thinking of starting a thread where we could share some of the nesticle games you've found -- ONLY prob. is sometimes finding the exact classic game you might, ex: based loaded 2 etc...
PM me, and/or reply to this post if interested...

a GREAT way to spend not only the time until match day, but def. also until July 1 !!!!!!!!!!

Do they have Tecmo Bowl? I hope not, because I really don't need any more diversions in my life at this point! :scared:

Pookies said:
Andy probably plays this game

Penguin baseball
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Man, I was so hooked on this for about 30 minutes when this game first came out. Then all these permutations showed up where you had bombs and the penguin could go further. I stuck with the original.

I believe I posted a link to either this game or one of the variations on the random thread before. 1215.6 was my best score I think (this score was not on the original game though....you could barely break 300 :laugh: )

yaah said:
I think I got a 1220. I don't know - we had a thread about this earlier somewhere!

I thought your SAT score was higher than that.

AndyMilonakis said:
I thought your SAT score was higher than that.

Actually, I didn't really rock the SATs. First time I took it my verbal score was like 560, math 730. Second time I did about 100 points better.

yaah said:
Actually, I didn't really rock the SATs. First time I took it my verbal score was like 560, math 730. Second time I did about 100 points better.
****! you beat me on the SAT too? Goddamn! :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:

Oh come on, I did average on the SATs. 1290? That's like Jessie on saved by the bell and she almost killed herself.

yaah said:
Oh come on, I did average on the SATs. 1290? That's like Jessie on saved by the bell and she almost killed herself.
well i got a 1270 on my first try. V=510, M=760, TSWE=WTF cares!

AndyMilonakis said:
I beat you too. I'm s-m-r-t. :laugh:

So, yaah thinks he got 1220 by getting english 560, math 730. My addition skillz lead me to think that would give him a score of 1290. I suspect his math score may have been more like 370.

bananaface said:

So, yaah thinks he got 1220 by getting english 560, math 730. My addition skillz lead me to think that would give him a score of 1290. I suspect his math score may have been more like 370.
what did you get on the MCAT?

bananaface said:

Didn't I just say I got a 1290? Not sure where the 1220 is coming from!

But actually, second time I took it: Math 770 Verbal 620.

yaah said:

my second time V=560, M=730...I guess I wasn't cool like my other 20 friends who scored 800 on the math. And we were all asian too. I'm like the bastard child of my race now.

yaah said:

1220 is from here:
yaah said:
I think I got a 1220. I don't know - we had a thread about this earlier somewhere!

You both kicked butt on the math portion. I got a 710 there, which was okay. My English score was 690. I didn't bother to take it a second time. I was po'd that all the people with lower scores were getting scholarships and crap that I didn't qualify for. I missed out on the PSAT somehow. I was like... PSAT?!?!?!

bananaface said:
1220 is from here:

You both kicked butt on the math portion. I got a 710 there, which was okay. My English score was 690. I didn't bother to take it a second time. I was po'd that all the people with lower scores were getting scholarships and crap that I didn't qualify for. I missed out on the PSAT somehow. I was like... PSAT?!?!?!

Yeah, well I thought it was about a 1220 until I thought about it more carefully. So fine, you caught me. I will present you with a shiny nickel if we ever meet! :p

But yeah the second time I took it got 770 on math, and that was one incorrect question. Amazing. You can get one right and probably get a 350 on the section.

yaah said:
Yeah, well I thought it was about a 1220 until I thought about it more carefully. So fine, you caught me. I will present you with a shiny nickel if we ever meet! :p

But yeah the second time I took it got 770 on math, and that was one incorrect question. Amazing. You can get one right and probably get a 350 on the section.
someone is just BEGGIN' for a cookie here.

AndyMilonakis said:

I thought it was cake.

AndyMilonakis said:

Yes please!

Hey, btw, is match day this year St Patrick's Day? :luck:

My 1/4 Irish will be on all of your sides.

yaah said:
Yes please!

Hey, btw, is match day this year St Patrick's Day? :luck:

My 1/4 Irish will be on all of your sides.
I don't care what day it is. All I know is that I'm drinking that day. And the # of drinks will be proportional to how far down my ROL I go. If I get #1, I'm drinking at least 10. If it's #2, then 20...and on and on we go.

AndyMilonakis said:
I don't care what day it is. All I know is that I'm drinking that day. And the # of drinks will be proportional to how far down my ROL I go. If I get #1, I'm drinking at least 10. If it's #2, then 20...and on and on we go.

Are you going to show up to the ceremony drunk? Because that would be pretty cool.

beary said:
What is the TSWE?? :confused:
test of standard written english.

back when i took the sat, there were 6 sections. 2 math, 2 verbal, 1 tswe, and 1 experimental. the experimental could be either math, verbal, or tswe. but of course you know this...we probably took the sat around the same time i think.

The CaRMS match day was March 1.

My classmates started applying later than me, interviewed later than me and found out earlier than me. Where is the balance in this world, I ask ya?

~
I ran into the Cornfield U head of surg path while in San Antonio.
In typical him-fashion he goes right for the meat - "So where are you going for residency??" :eek:

I said I had no idea and was counting on the luck of the Irish.

yaah said:
You don't have to be an alcoholic to enjoy drinking once in awhile!

amen brutha! break from looking at slides or did you finally get home?

AndyMilonakis said:
amen brutha! break from looking at slides or did you finally get home?

I left. The last case was a lung cancer although it had a really weird morphology that completely blew me away and had me leave shaking my head. I guess it could have been bronchoalveolar but was a little too weird. I will still be back in at 6:30 though!

What also blows is that the PA is having a baby and will not be working most of the rest of the month. So I have to do everything now.

yaah said:
I left. The last case was a lung cancer although it had a really weird morphology that completely blew me away and had me leave shaking my head. I guess it could have been bronchoalveolar but was a little too weird. I will still be back in at 6:30 though!

What also blows is that the PA is having a baby and will not be working most of the rest of the month. So I have to do everything now.
Yeah, I just got home and realized that I really didn't have to spend all that time at work. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Yeah, I ran into that PA a week ago. She told me that she is due very soon. Is she still working now? Or is she just relaxing while waiting for the inevitable?

AndyMilonakis said:
Yeah, I ran into that PA a week ago. She told me that she is due very soon. Is she still working now? Or is she just relaxing while waiting for the inevitable?

Well, is it possible to do both? It's kind of iffy every day whether she will show up and how much work she will do when she does. But I am not complaining because the specimens she is grossing in are the ones I would have to do - neck dissections, femoral heads, etc.