Waiting for pharmacy school? Anxious?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acura-TL & Rx

Have faith in thy self!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all those who are feeling the way I feel,

This is to all of those who are applying for pharm school (Fall 2006). Don't you just hate that feeling? Waiting to hear from all of those pharm schools that you applied to can be some what stressful. I know I am feeling it. You are praying everyday hoping to land an interview from the schools and may be acceptance letter later. Man, this can't be healthy for us. But what can we do? Pray some more? hhaha... well I've been trying to do research and rehearse of things to say when I do get an invitation. And of course trying to review for the PCAT. That's the least I could do. What else are people trying to do to ease their mind a little? Well anyway... as of today, I still haven't heard anything from any of the schools I applied to. But to turn this into a positive thing, no letter means no rejection. So I guess that's good.

Good luck to all who are applying for fall 2006!

Members don't see this ad.

So, which schools did you apply for? :D Many students are lucky enough to apply for many schools. I only have two choices where I live...okay, maybe one since the other is so far away. @_@;;

WeirdPharm said:
So, which schools did you apply for? :D Many students are lucky enough to apply for many schools. I only have two choices where I live...okay, maybe one since the other is so far away. @_@;;
How many Schools? Let's just say I didn't put all my eggs in one basket. In fact, I placed them in a lot of baskets (LOTS). :) But I have to get in this year. But I am hoping to get into USC. I love the school. Got tons of friends that are already there and of course you gotta love USC football team. Anyway, peace out and good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I am in the process of applying to USC also. But I just found out they had rolling admissions, so I think I screwed myself over in applying late. :(

blizz said:
Hey, I am in the process of applying to USC also. But I just found out they had rolling admissions, so I think I screwed myself over in applying late. :(
naw. don't think of it that way. you gotta have faith. you never know. try not to worry too much. well the first interview is in early November. so if you don't get that one then it's not the end since they have like 4 to 5 interview dates. wish you the best of luck.

Acura-TL & Rx said:
How many Schools? Let's just say I didn't put all my eggs in one basket. In fact, I placed them in a lot of baskets (LOTS). :) But I have to get in this year. But I am hoping to get into USC. I love the school. Got tons of friends that are already there and of course you gotta love USC football team. Anyway, peace out and good luck

I am so impatient.

Luckily I have many other things to worry about to help pass the time :p

b*rizzle said:
I am so impatient.

Luckily I have many other things to worry about to help pass the time :p

Trust me, I am the same way. I am trying not to call them too much but it's hard because this is your career. Yeah, I am glad I have work and a little of school that have been keeping me busy throughout this application process. Without it, I think I would go crazy waiting for school. Anway, USC interview is coming up shortly (November 12th). I am hoping for a letter soon inviting me for an interview (Praying every days and nites). Good Luck to everyone!

Acura-TL & Rx said:
Trust me, I am the same way. I am trying not to call them too much but it's hard because this is your career. Yeah, I am glad I have work and a little of school that have been keeping me busy throughout this application process. Without it, I think I would go crazy waiting for school. Anway, USC interview is coming up shortly (November 12th). I am hoping for a letter soon inviting me for an interview (Praying every days and nites). Good Luck to everyone!

Hey, when did you submitted your pharmcas and supp app for USC? I am hoping for that first batch of interviews too! I submitted my pharmcas application on sept 1 adn it was mailed out on oct. 3. My supplemental app is already received.

thinkblue said:
Hey, when did you submitted your pharmcas and supp app for USC? I am hoping for that first batch of interviews too! I submitted my pharmcas application on sept 1 adn it was mailed out on oct. 3. My supplemental app is already received.

I submitted mine on July 21 and PharmCAS mailed it out on August 3rd. And USC actually got my supp app first before the pharmcas.

Wow... it took pharmCAS that long to mail out your application? that's more than a month!! But then again this is when people start submitting their application cuz the deadline is coming up so it's pretty understandable. So far... no letter yet. I am praying for it soon because if you get a letter for the Nov interview then you should get it about 2 to 3 weeks prior to the big date. I guess I'll be checking my mail box everyday starting Oct 31 :D (not that I haven't done so for the last month) :laugh:

Good luck

i submitted in my pharmcas application June 3. and Schools have been sending me letter to tell me to retake my pcat, but other schools without pcat, i am waiting anxious on those! i wanna go to the one in Boston!! 3-year school =)

Acura-TL & Rx said:
I submitted mine on July 21 and PharmCAS mailed it out on August 3rd. And USC actually got my supp app first before the pharmcas.

Wow... it took pharmCAS that long to mail out your application? that's more than a month!! But then again this is when people start submitting their application cuz the deadline is coming up so it's pretty understandable. So far... no letter yet. I am praying for it soon because if you get a letter for the Nov interview then you should get it about 2 to 3 weeks prior to the big date. I guess I'll be checking my mail box everyday starting Oct 31 :D (not that I haven't done so for the last month) :laugh:

Good luck

Oh boy, i guess i'm way behind then. :( Did you also applied to Western U? If so, have you heard anything from them, like an email/postcard that says your application is received. Something to confirm that your application is in their hand. I still haven't heard from them even though i have sent them an email inquiring the situation.

thinkblue said:
Oh boy, i guess i'm way behind then. :( Did you also applied to Western U? If so, have you heard anything from them, like an email/postcard that says your application is received. Something to confirm that your application is in their hand. I still haven't heard from them even though i have sent them an email inquiring the situation.

I applied to Western U also. I submitted my application a while ago also but haven't heard anything from them yet. But they said my application is completed though. I went to the campus tour and pretty much just talked to the counselor that was taking care of my application. She said I had everything but one class (which I'll be taking next quarter) and that my application is completed. You should talk to your counselor. Oh by the way, there are a couple of them but they split up by the last name of the applicant. Here are the names:

Last Name A-I contact : Tanya Ramirez ([email protected]) 909-469-5442
Last Name J-Q contact : Sylvia Huizar ([email protected]) 909-469-5337
Last Name R-Z contact: Jeanene White ([email protected]) 909-469-5540

Hope that helps! Good luck....

Hey Acura, thanks for the information. I plan to give them a call sometimes next week. Watch your mailbox/email for an invitation from USC since they say they would notify applicants two-three weeks prior to the interview. You submitted you app way back in Aug so it's pretty much a guarantee you'll get the first interview date. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
thinkblue said:
Hey Acura, thanks for the information. I plan to give them a call sometimes next week. Watch your mailbox/email for an invitation from USC since they say they would notify applicants two-three weeks prior to the interview. You submitted you app way back in Aug so it's pretty much a guarantee you'll get the first interview date. Good luck.

Yeah, I am looking everyday for the letter from USC. Hopefully soon! Waiting for school is killing me and making my lifespan shorter.... :) Anyway, good luck

Hey Acura,

Thanks for the encouragement. You'll get your interview soon! :D

blizz said:
Hey Acura,

No problem bilzz. Yeah I am hoping for the letter soon since USC is my number one. We'll see. Keep you post it

blizz said:
Hey Acura,

No problem bilzz. Yeah I am hoping for the letter soon. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Anyone out there got a letter yet for an inviite to USC?

Thanks

Acura-TL & Rx said:
No problem bilzz. Yeah I am hoping for the letter soon. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Anyone out there got a letter yet for an inviite to USC?

Thanks

USC is what school? South Carolina?

WorcesterPHOBoy said:
USC is what school? South Carolina?

South Carolina? hahaha... It's Uni of Southern California my friend.

thinkblue said:

You know what? I called Western U today and one of the counselor is no longer there. Her name is Tanya Ramirez. She's my counselor and I hope that she wrote everything that she told me down on a piece of paper. Cuz she told me that I only need one more class that I need to take. Anyway, I just want to update the List of last names and to which counselor. Apparently, it's going to be the same Counselor for last name J-Q and R-Z. Howerver, last names from A-I is no longer Ms. Ramirez. I believe they are spliting those last names and give it to the other two counselors. Hope that did confuse anyone.

Pharmcas takes longer to calculate gpas during this time of the semester because the majority of people or just now finishing their applications.
That is why they want us to submit early, like u did acura.
Now they are in a crunch and everyone is trying to beat deadlines.

Acura-TL & Rx said:
South Carolina? hahaha... It's Uni of Southern California my friend.

Let us not forget the University of South Carolina (USC) Gamecocks.

PHARMDhope2b said:
Pharmcas takes longer to calculate gpas during this time of the semester because the majority of people or just now finishing their applications.
That is why they want us to submit early, like u did acura.
Now they are in a crunch and everyone is trying to beat deadlines.

totally agreed

b*rizzle said:
Let us not forget the University of South Carolina (USC) Gamecocks.

good ol' Lou Holtz coaches their football team...

crossjb said:
good ol' Lou Holtz coaches their football team...
dont you mean did?

now its under the charge of the devil himself

bbmuffin said:
dont you mean did?

haha, my bad -- forgot the torch was passed last year... :D

bbmuffin said:
dont you mean did?

I second the devil motion... I almost started to feel sorry for him when they were getting waxed by auburn, but then I thought about all of the stuff he used to do & the things he used to say & I thought better of it... what goes around comes around :D