dds8

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2005
Status
i took my interview at stonybrook back in the beginning of Jan. and i havent heard from them yet, i wanted to know if anybody else took an interview aroun that time and did hear from them or is this normal and i still have a shot. i did hear back from other schools that i interviewed at later dates.

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
dds8 said:
i took my interview at stonybrook back in the beginning of Jan. and i havent heard from them yet, i wanted to know if anybody else took an interview aroun that time and did hear from them or is this normal and i still have a shot. i did hear back from other schools that i interviewed at later dates.
I hear they take a while to send out acceptance/rejection notices.

Good luck.. I hope you and Dentist2be get in soon because we need some more SB people on this site.

William Olympus

D.M.D.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Yup, same thing happened to me and I interviewed in mid-December. I got a letter soon after that basically said "thanks for stopping by, don't forget we're a great school," and I haven't heard anything since.

I actually went back and reread it a few times to see if there wasn't a rejection hidden in it.

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
Dentist 2 be said:
dmd hopeful, wow how impersonal !!! lol just kidding
I meant it in the most sincere sense possible :love:

konovsi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
I had interview in early november and no word from them.

William Olympus

D.M.D.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Any word that the class is already closed? I can't imagine it taking too long for them to find 35 students.

Tzips

Chocoholic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
Peering around the corner...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
That maybe so, but their waitlist will move as people make their final decisions about where they're going... keep your hopes up!

:luck: :luck: to everyone!

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
How do you know if you are on their waitlist? I don;t think anyone got a rejection from them thus far.

onetoothleft

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
Manhattan, NYC
Status
Dental Student
I have had the same problem. I interviewed in October. I called them a couple of weeks ago right before other schools needed their deposit checks and they told me that they have not made a decision on me yet. She said this means that I am neither accepted, rejected, nor on a wait list.

Appearantly there are lots of us in that pile. I had to send a deposit to Columbia (which I would be happy to go to, but SB is so much less money).

SadSmile

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
I thought dental schools were required by ADEA to send out acceptances/rejections to students that they interviewed before December 1 on December 1. I guess that's not the case.

Something told me that I shouldn't send the secondary fee to Stony and it looks like I did the right thing. No offense to those who did. I didn't want to be jerked around.

Wish you the best.

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
Nowhere does the ADEA state that if you interview before December 1st, you will be told your status after December 1st.

However, what it does state is that no school by law is allowed to tell you your status prior to December 1st.

What do you mean by secondary fee? Stony Brook does not have secondaries that I know of. You mean application fee?

SadSmile

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Yes, the application fee.

"First acceptance arrived today (11/26/04)! It is a long time in coming, lets get this thread started." by edkNARF from "Official 2005 ACCEPTANCE Thread".

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
MEM3 said:
damnit i hope everyone gets into stony, we'll have a blast!
We have to ensure we have the coolest class possible!