Waiting for Tufts Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arn8d

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Tufts recently and was wondering how long they usually take to respond with acceptance/denial.

Members don't see this ad.

I recall, not 100%, something about 7-10 days to make a desicion.

The last time they made a decision was around january 17 or 18th. It might be next month for the current batch of interviewees.

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought it was going to be every two weeks or so that acceptances would be sent out. last round was sent out jan 22. check the 07 cycle on predents.

yeah, that is what i figured as well. So we should be hearing back soon :scared:

I guess I could be wrong. I was told that the admissions committee meets every month. Maybe they meet more frequently know since they interview 12 people everyday now. That means 120 interviewed every 2 weeks.

Yeah, I interviewed on the 16th and got accepted on the 22nd. Geez, I still am very greatful for that! Good luck all! Tufts is a great school.

I interviewed there yesterday (29th) and they said that we should know by friday on AADSAS.

Good luck to us all,
Tufts is great

To all you Tufts people,
good luck! You can't go wrong with Tufts. It is a great school you will definitely get your money's worth. It would be nice if it was less expensive but at the very least you will be a dentist coming out of a highly regarded school.

I interviewed there yesterday (29th) and they said that we should know by friday on AADSAS.

Good luck to us all,
Tufts is great

FRIDAY! :eek: thought it would take longer but i'm not complaining. goodluck guys.

Thanks, good to know although kind of nerve racking. Good luck to everyone!!!

BUMPING since we have a few hours till feb 1st. it would be a bummer if they update at 11:59pm on friday. that would be a waste of my day pressing refresh on the AADSAS page.

I didn't even think about 11:59pm on Friday! Dang! Well, I'll be wearing out the refresh button between class periods too.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
good news everyone! I just received an email from the office saying updates will be made some time today and mailings will be sent out!!!!!!

OFFER MADE! btw, i interviewed on 1/23

0ffer made. But im going to NYU so one seat for the rest of you patiently waiting. :)

OFFER MADE Hurray! Finally some really good news!:D

:boom:CONGRATULATIONS xtractime!!!!:boom:I knew that you would get in!!! Now it's time for you to celebrate!!!:banana:

thanks dude. i'm really relieved now that i'll be somewhere in a dental school come fall time. loved tufts but still holding out on VCU and maryland coming up! goodluck to the other tufts interviewees

congratulations.:D
Tufts, VCU and Maryland, eh. You've got a tough choice to make.:)

Got into Tufts and Temple!:hardy:

For everyone who received an acceptance last Friday, have you gotten your acceptance letter in the mail? How long does it usually take?

yes i recieved it yesterday, im in NYC

What's included with the letter? I'm not near the east coast so I'm still waiting.

yes i recieved it yesterday, im in NYC

my parents recieved it yesterday also. i'm located in FL. i'm not living in the same city with them so they have to send it out to me. they told me the deposit of $1500 was due on Feb 15th!! i'm sooo pooooor!

musl85 are you gonna jump NYU's ship and hop on board the Tufts boat? DO IT! JUMP! :thumbup:

NYU and tufts arent that much different. If you are from NYC, then I would rather stay close to home. MY gf got the NYU acceptance so she may stay there while I will interview for tufts. It depends what you prioritize more.

Yay I just got mine in the mail today. Did ya'll get a merit scholarship?!

Wht is the Merit Scholarship and how much is it worth?

my parents recieved it yesterday also. i'm located in FL. i'm not living in the same city with them so they have to send it out to me. they told me the deposit of $1500 was due on Feb 15th!! i'm sooo pooooor!

So they only give you like 2 weeks to pay the deposit??? ouch...

Wht is the Merit Scholarship and how much is it worth?

I think that the top 20% of applicants are awarded the Merit Scholarship. I was offered a Merit Scholarship to Tufts when they accepted me and it was worth $6,000 a year which could be maintained if I held my class rank. Good luck! :luck:

that will help!! since tuition is high. neat!!

musl85 are you gonna jump NYU's ship and hop on board the Tufts boat? DO IT! JUMP! :thumbup:

nah. im not too enthusiastic about the construction, and i liked NYU facilities better. Bound to be poblems with classes due to construction. Besides i save a bunch of money by staying at NYU because i live in NYC already.

do yall think construction will hinder us from having clinical/dental lab time? I mean the Dean made it seem that everything would be just fine, but I guess he's biased and we wouldn't really know until we are there. I hope this wouldn't affect how well we do on boards.

do yall think construction will hinder us from having clinical/dental lab time? I mean the Dean made it seem that everything would be just fine, but I guess he's biased and we wouldn't really know until we are there. I hope this wouldn't affect how well we do on boards.

yeah, thats what got to me. Moving the sim clinic and all....There are always problems with construction, i hope for the best for all Tufts students, but i dont want any problems for the amount of money Tufts is charging. The dean even hinted that there would probably be quirks here and there.

I would think it wouldn't really affect the D1 students b/c we're mainly taking classes the first two years. I wonder how the D2s and D3s are going to make up for their clinical time with no sim lab.

the construction is one of the reasons I decided to withdraw my acceptance. I want the best for the amount of money I will be yanking out for this so decided to go to a school that is not planning any constructions and major changes anytime soon!:)

Some D2/D3 students I talked to mentioned that this construction and fixing things may influence the way the school is run and impact students over the next two years. The clinics will be switched around so even if D1 it won't affect you, later on it may catch up to you.

I was thinking long term so I against Tufts.
good luck with your choice.

did they mention how long the construction will take?