Waiting game is killing me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jn7771992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all.

I submitted my first application to UNTHSC and I have some more applications to go. I can't help but fear of getting rejected again and I'm trying not hard not to think about it so much. Does anybody know how to overcome this fear and did anyone applied to UNTHSC?

Members don't see this ad.

I know they already sent out invites for their first round of interviews. Its on sept 27th. As for the fear part, I'm there with you buddy. I had alot of anxiety about not making it in this cycle when I was filling out my application again, but once I submitted my application, I let it all go and don't let it get to me anymore because worrying won't get me anywhere and will ultimately freak me out during interviews.

Yea... Anxiety is getting the best of me too but there isn't much you can do but wait. Try and stay busy and prepare to be okay with whatever decision is made... It won't be the end of the world..

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if your stats/LOR show that you have improved your application, it means that you are more competitive now and you improved your chances to get accepted. Things that you can improve within 1 year are limited, but hundreds of people have made those improvements and it did work for them, so it may work for you as well. At this point, you cannot make any improvements in your current application since you already submitted it, so there is no reason to lash yourself about it. Just give yourself a chance and if you do get rejected again, you will think about it and figure out what to do next AFTER the rejection. Otherwise, you are wasting your energy and life thinking about something (rejection) that is not there at this point :).

You are not alone! This is my second round applying as well and it is more nerve-wracking, knowing what rejection feels like, but I know I did what I could to improve myself for this round and I just am trying to be confident in what I have done!

So I got a rejection letter from UNTHC :(
I applied three times before getting accepted this year. Be sure to do things to improve your application each year and get your application in as early as possible. Don’t be down! Take it as an opportunity to grow and come back better! Do you have other schools you applied to?

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to 16 schools total and I just got another rejection letter yesterday from Creighton University.

I applied to 16 schools total and I just got another rejection letter yesterday from Creighton University.

Don't give up hope! I applied to 14 schools and I've had 2 rejections and a deferral; not a peep from the others. We're all in the same boat, and just because you got rejected from two DOES NOT mean that you'll be rejected from all 13!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to UNT, TTU, UTSA, Hardin-Simmons, UMHB, Baylor, USA-Austin, OKC, Southwest Baptist, Mo State, Midwestern-Glendale, and Wichita State.
Interviews: TTU, Hardin-Simmons, UMHB, Baylor, USA-Austin
Waitlisted: Midwestern- Glendale
Rejected: TBD
Accepted: UMHB
Have not heard from UNT, OKC, SWB, Mo State, Wichita State

Has anyone heard from these schools?
Thanks!

I applied to UNT, TTU, UTSA, Hardin-Simmons, UMHB, Baylor, USA-Austin, OKC, Southwest Baptist, Mo State, Midwestern-Glendale, and Wichita State.
Interviews: TTU, Hardin-Simmons, UMHB, Baylor, USA-Austin
Waitlisted: Midwestern- Glendale
Rejected: TBD
Accepted: UMHB
Have not heard from UNT, OKC, SWB, Mo State, Wichita State

Has anyone heard from these schools?
Thanks!
When did you get your application submitted to Baylor? I am waiting to hear from them.

Try not to be fearful. Just be glad you are finally at this part because it took so much work to get here. I have a little bit of anxiety about the verification part because I hope all of my credits are accepted, but the relief that I am finally, finally here outweighs that.