Waiting List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lacarthic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter from MWU- Chicago stating:

Thank you for yoru application. this letter is to notify you that your completed app has been reviewed and has been placed on "hold status"

Pps that are placed on "Hold" will remian active throughout the admissions decision is made. Although it is possible your app will be selected to move further in the admissions process and it is not possible to predict or guarantee an exact outcome. Final decisions on apps placed on hold are typically made before the end of June. If your app is selected to move forward int he admission process, we will notify you in writing asap.

I know this might be a stupid question, but does this mean i am on a waiting list, and if so does anyone now the chances of being selected?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by lacarthic
I know this might be a stupid question, but does this mean i am on a waiting list, and if so does anyone now the chances of being selected?

Thank you
It sounds like you're on the waiting list. I don't know how they do their waiting list, because as far as I know, they are still using rolling admissions. It might be complicated. I don't suppose they gave you a rank or anything, did they?

I got a similar response from one school and I think it means that they haven't decided your status yet. they'll let you know if you're wait-listed or admitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
jdpharmd,

they didnt give me any ranking or anything like that so, I guess I will have to wait and see what happens:confused:

Thanks

Because the letter doesn't explicitly state "alternate list" or "waiting list" I don't believe that is what they're implying. I think they're waiting for all applications to be processed, and until that happens, they have put your application on hold. The outcome cannot be predicted because the bulk of the decisions have not yet been made.

Have you been interviewed..?
Many times app. are put on "hold status"b/c files are incomplete or whatever..

Waitng or alternate list are usually applicatns that have interviewed and the ad comm has already discussed about..

I was out on a hold status at Palm Beach Atlantic, and hadn't even sent my secondary in..

You might want to call the ad comm couselor and ask them to shine some light for you. THese things are really confusing and are often different from one school to the next..

Hope this helps...Goodluck....

When I interviewed at CPG they said that the hold status were for those applicants who had interviewed, but were not outright accepted. They would be accepting applicants during each interview group and then would have spaces left after all the interviews had been conducted. Then they would review those applicants put on hold and accept some to fill the remaining spots.

Originally posted by lacarthic
I received a letter from MWU- Chicago stating:

Thank you for yoru application. this letter is to notify you that your completed app has been reviewed and has been placed on "hold status"

Pps that are placed on "Hold" will remian active throughout the admissions decision is made. Although it is possible your app will be selected to move further in the admissions process and it is not possible to predict or guarantee an exact outcome. Final decisions on apps placed on hold are typically made before the end of June. If your app is selected to move forward int he admission process, we will notify you in writing asap.

Thank you

It sounds like you are on a waiting list. As for the chances, the fact is that many people in IL apply to both UIC and MWUCCP. I've also heard that many of those who apply to these schools and get accepted to both, chose UIC. So, I'd say wait till the end of April (by that time UIC should notify its applicants about acceptances/rejections) and see what happens.

I hope you'll get in.