waiting list...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koulakani

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have applied for pharm schools for this upcoming fall, and have just been notified that I am an "alternate," or i guess on the wait list at Western University. I am so nervous right now!! I tried to call the admissions office to find out more information, but they are pretty hush hush about the whole thing. They dont give you a rank, nor do they tell you where you are on the list. Is there anyone that has info about how the wait list goes? Or if there are any chances of getting in? Is there anyone else out there that's also on the wait list!?!? I'm going crazy thinking about this!!! Please help! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not familiar w/western but on BMBiology's list of current students, there is one person from western. perhaps, you should pm said person.

I recently decided to withdraw from Western, so hopefully there is a chance for you. When I was there for interview, they said that last year I believe 95 people were accepted from the waiting list, and that is a huge number since I think there is only 120 students (maybe I am wrong about the student number). Anyways, there is always hope. Good luck....

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i think i heard around 90 too, so if thats any indication then you have a great chance.

im on a waiting list at another school too. i know how you feel. i guess all we can do is just "wait" and hopefully you'll get good news. good luck.

I got into pharmacy school off the waiting list by telling the Dean of Admissions I had not applied to any other school because I just HAD to attend the same uni my Dad went to.....

it worked

thanks for all of the comments! they are so reassuring... i'm feeling much better, and just crossing my fingers... is there anyone that will be going down to western? :oops:

i applied to ohio state and i am on the waiting list there. the admissions counselor told me that i'm at about the middle on the list and last year they took 10 people off. anyone else applying to osu or know how many people are on the list?