Waiting on DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zobay

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I submitted my DO App's in August, and many of the secondaries in September/October. I'm still waiting on VCOM, SOMA, LECOM, and OSUCOM.
How long might I have to wait to hear anything from them?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools are still interviewing. Your chances aren't over for this application cycle, but it is late enough to start thinking about the next cycle and what you can improve.

What was the weak point of your app? MCAT, GPA, Personal Statement, shadowing, LoR, EC's? Some of these are much easier to improve upon than others. Have you heard back from any other schools you applied to this cycle? Some schools might be willing to give you feedback on what you should focus on to improve you chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Osucom is known for not notifying you until the end of the cycle that you are rejected. If you're not from Oklahoma, chances are you won't be getting an interview

Reactions: 1 user
Many schools are still interviewing. Your chances aren't over for this application cycle, but it is late enough to start thinking about the next cycle and what you can improve.

What was the weak point of your app? MCAT, GPA, Personal Statement, shadowing, LoR, EC's? Some of these are much easier to improve upon than others. Have you heard back from any other schools you applied to this cycle? Some schools might be willing to give you feedback on what you should focus on to improve you chances.

I'm not from Oklahoma, and my MCAT is 494, GPA overall 3.5/3.3 science. For Oklahoma, they wanted min 492. I was told to improve on the MCAT from some schools. I think everything else is really solid for me.

Sorry, zobay, you are not going to get into any DO School with that MCAT score. You know what you need to do... Retake the test (when you are ready).

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry, zobay, you are not going to get into any DO School with that MCAT score. You know what you need to do... Retake the test (when you are ready).

I know, I already have it planned for May.

I'm not from Oklahoma, and my MCAT is 494, GPA overall 3.5/3.3 science. For Oklahoma, they wanted min 492. I was told to improve on the MCAT from some schools. I think everything else is really solid for me.

Sounds like you know what to do then. Any idea what went wrong with your first MCAT so you know what to fix for this time?

Yeah the minimum usually isn't really close to what they actually look for. I wouldn't decide on schools based in what the minimums are, especially because they are a state school. State schools look for high stat applicants to fill their OOS spots

Sounds like you know what to do then. Any idea what went wrong with your first MCAT so you know what to fix for this time?

Yeah, the bio section. I did really well on psych, and the sad part is, that's not even my degree.

Yeah, the bio section. I did really well on psych, and the sad part is, that's not even my degree.

you need to perform well in all of the sections. To have a good shot at DO schools, you want a 505+. Low 500s can get you in but it makes it much more difficult. Also, once you break the 500 barrier, you wnt to make sure each section is 125 and above. Easier said than done, I know, but I have faith in you :D