Waiting to hear from Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, welcome back fellow SDNers....anyhow, is anyone waiting on Georgetown? I interviewed in mid Jan and think they said about 4 weeks but i'm not sure....anyone else waiting...please no making fun of G'town as many people on here have done. I actually (in a very rare minority) liked the school. Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

hey surfdevl. i am waiting on gtown as well! they told me my file would be reviewed next thursday at my interview on jan 31. at that time 75 files will be interviewed. maybe you are in that batch as well? anyway, she said if we didn't hear within 3 weeks after that to call. i would LOVE to get in there!

Some buddies of mine are waiting as well, so it's probably not too late. I'm still kicking myself for not applying there. Their location is beautiful (one of the nicest I've seen) and their rep is kick-ass. What the hell was I thinking? :mad: Oh well. :(

G'luck with your admissions! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Lola, yeah, hopefully we get in there...it will be quite a move from San Fran to DC but i love the area there, albeit it's very expensive. Wow, she told you guys 3 weeks?? She told us 4-6 weeks..maybe you're a superstar candidate.

superstar candidate? :laugh:

we are probably in the same batch to be reviewed, but you interviewed a couple of weeks before me. they gave me a range of dates when i could interview, and i interviewed toward the end of that range (the second to last day i believe). she said there would be 75 reviewed next thursday. of those, 20? would be accepted, some would be put in the highly select pool, and some would be rejected. unfortunately i can't remember the exact numbers as she was talking so fast, just as i didn't have time to jot down what we were to be evaluated on in the interview! eek. i liked the school a lot, although i have some reservations about the rigor of 3rd/4th year and the very young seeming class. dc is great, though, and it sounds like they train very competent and compassionate clinicians. it might be easier to get a cali residency coming from there than some other schools. let me know when you get news from them :)

Surfdevl02 and Lola,

I think (if you haven't already) you should meet in person. You're both in San Francisco!!!!!!! Damn, that's cool.

Anyway, good luck to you both on Georgetown. I wish I would have applied there.

Oh, well. Looks like I'm staying in Ohio for four more years...

DukeBluDevl02

DukeBluedevl02, you're a total badass....what'd i tell you last year about getting in this time around....you did me better and now have so many choices!!! I'm jealous