General Admissions & OTCAS Waitlist 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT4Life2662

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I know every year is different for applications. I made it to the waitlist on my top choice school. I do not want to give specifics, but has anyone ever been chosen from a waitlist before? I need words of encouragement. :). I know this is a vague question. Is there any advice on things I can do to possibly get off of a waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm in my OT program currently but I was originally waitlisted from my top school too (UW). It can be super frustrating because the waiting process is the worst. I eventually got accepted but there are plenty of great OT schools out there and I feel like I would've gotten a great education at my backup school too. I don't think I did anything after getting waitlisted besides waiting - maybe others can chime in but I think most schools already have their waitlist students ranked? Not sure. If it makes you feel better, I've heard a lot of people in my program were waitlisted! Best of luck :)

Hey! I'm in my OT program currently but I was originally waitlisted from my top school too (UW). It can be super frustrating because the waiting process is the worst. I eventually got accepted but there are plenty of great OT schools out there and I feel like I would've gotten a great education at my backup school too. I don't think I did anything after getting waitlisted besides waiting - maybe others can chime in but I think most schools already have their waitlist students ranked? Not sure. If it makes you feel better, I've heard a lot of people in my program were waitlisted! Best of luck :)
Yes! That is very informative! I actually called them and they told me that I made it to the top part of the waitlist. It’s super nerve racking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! That is very informative! I actually called them and they told me that I made it to the top part of the waitlist. It’s super nerve racking.
Omg amazing! You're totally going to make it :) Just gotta wait a little bit longer!

Omg amazing! You're totally going to make it :) Just gotta wait a little bit longer!
Thank you for being optimistic! I am trying to be as well. This is my TOP CHOICE (in a hospital program). I already have a masters degree going in, so this is an OTD (you know you skip the masters and go right to the doctor degree), so I feel that I’m a great candidate…it just came down to an excel algorithm determining acceptance vs waitlist. I’m ecstatic to be on the waitlist instead of rejected. I look at the positives :)

Hello!

I was on the waitlist of my top choice school and was ultimately accepted and am attending there now! I did do some extra things to try to be accepted, such as getting a part-time wellness-related job through my university and getting some more virtual observation hours through online resources. I also submitted accomplishments that I had while in my executive board position - even though they already knew I had that position, I submitted successes that my organization had under my leadership since the time of my first interview. I also stated I would be fully committed to attending if I was accepted off the waitlist.

So, it definitely is possible! I thought I would have no chance, especially since my program said they received a record number of applicants the year I applied. Getting some more experiences and submitting them just to show you are passionate about putting in the work to attend the school can go a long way! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I was on the waitlist of my top choice school and was ultimately accepted and am attending there now! I did do some extra things to try to be accepted, such as getting a part-time wellness-related job through my university and getting some more virtual observation hours through online resources. I also submitted accomplishments that I had while in my executive board position - even though they already knew I had that position, I submitted successes that my organization had under my leadership since the time of my first interview. I also stated I would be fully committed to attending if I was accepted off the waitlist.

So, it definitely is possible! I thought I would have no chance, especially since my program said they received a record number of applicants the year I applied. Getting some more experiences and submitting them just to show you are passionate about putting in the work to attend the school can go a long way! Good luck!
Wow! You definitely put in the extra work! Good for you!

Thank you so much for the tip! I’m going to be proactive. I REALLY want to get into this program and will do anything to make it happen :)

Thank you! Of course, you can do it!!

Also, I forgot to mention my school did not use a ranked waitlist, but rather reviewed every person on the waitlist every time a spot opened. If my school did rank the waitlist, I'm not sure if doing those extra things would have boosted my chances. But I'm sure it can't hurt!

Last edited:
Made it to the top of the waitlist! fingers crossed!