waitlist/acceptance situation

Started by sazhkatz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sazhkatz

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

So I accepted an offer at a program out of state, and they have a summer program.
However, I'm waitlisted at a pretty high spot for a program in state after a few updates.
If I got into the waitlisted program (no summer class), I would choose it over the program I currently accepted right now.

However, I'm not sure how it works if I'm taking a summer class for the program I'm currently in.
Is there any consequence if I decide to drop out mid or end of the summer during the program I am currently
in to accept an offer from the program in state?
 
Nope, this is situation is more common than you think. No real consequence other than loss of tuition money at the first school and maybe some bad vibes from the first school as well (since your seat will remain unfilled).