1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Waitlist acceptances

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by postbacker, Apr 15, 2007.

1. postbacker

postbacker Membership Revoked
    Removed

Non-Student
    Any stats on the percentage of med school matriculants who get accepted to their "one and only" school from a waitlist after May 15?...anecdotally it seems to happen quite a bit, and lots of the threads on SDN deal with waitlist issues...and there are always the stories of the person who gets the call the day before the start of classes...just curious if there are reliable stats for this.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ReachingTruth

ReachingTruth My Future Rests on Hope
    2+ Year Member

Respective schools usually tell you how they've done it in the past. Rush took zero off their waitlist last year, but a couple years before that they took a lot. It usually varies, but they tell you the avg number of people they offer acceptances to.

4. greg1184

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    at UMiami, more than half the regular MD matriculants are from the waitlist.

5. jiayou

Pre-Medical
    At Yale, typically 25% of the incoming class is from the waiting list.

6. ReachingTruth

ReachingTruth My Future Rests on Hope
    2+ Year Member

I've heard 1/3 of last year's Loyola class was from the waitlist. Jbrice can confirm or correct that.