waitlist and acceptance situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emchickendoc

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but I would like to know if anyone has any info on this situation. So I am currently accepted to one DO school which starts in Aug but waitlisted on my top choice DO school which starts late July. I read up a bit on the CTE guidelines for AMCAS but is there a similar thing for DO schools ? I paid the deposit for the school I am currently set up with. If I am accepted off the waitlist at my top choice between now and then am I allowed to switch or am I out of the game at this point? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

You can still swap if you’re accepted off the wait list. You’ll lose your deposit with the first school though. You may want to consider adding the waitlisted school to your fafsa in order to expedite any financial aid if you’re accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
You can still swap if you’re accepted off the wait list. You’ll lose your deposit with the first school though. You may want to consider adding the waitlisted school to your fafsa in order to expedite any financial aid if you’re accepted.
Thank you for that info! much appreciated.