Hey all... Just wanted to get everyone's opinion who are currently waitlisted. I am waitlisted and have been working on completing the application for this next cycle. Should I wait until I hear a definite yes or no from schools until I send out the application? It seems like a huge waste of money to send the application now if I did end up getting in. On the other side if I wait to hear if I get a spot, this is also later in the cycle. Who knows...
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
waitlist and reapplying...
Started by Bman984
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When I reapplied on the same day my application was sent to the schools, I found out that I was not accepted. I was pretty glad I applied early. It seems increasingly unlikely that a large number of people will be getting off of waitlists due to the fact that it is June. Unless you know you are at the top of the alternate list and can afford to have a late reapplication, then it can only be to your advantage to submit it as early as possible.
I'm waitlisted and I have already submitted my app to 12 schools. At this point in time, I'm almost hoping I don't get accepted so I can justify spending all this money. *almost* hoping...
Last year I was waitlisted at 5 schools, I didn't hear yes, and it took forever to finally hear no. I suggest sending the application in early, and if you get an acceptance then you'll be happy you got accepted. If you don't get accepted you'll be glad you submitted your application early.
I too just finalized and re-sent my application. It would be a kicker to get off the waitlist after having spent the money again, but I'd be happy if it happened. Meanwhile, I'm looking for a real live job to take up my time for the next year 😕
I'm waitlisted and I have already submitted my app to 12 schools. At this point in time, I'm almost hoping I don't get accepted so I can justify spending all this money. *almost* hoping...
I hear you.....i dont know about being accepted off a waitlist to some school all the way across the country with like a week or 2 notice...that would be crazy....where to live, financial arrangements...preparing fgr the challenge ahead...ect.ect....the list goes on and on