1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Sunday, December 11 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

Waitlist at SBU

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by gorillaz2332, 09.24.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. gorillaz2332

gorillaz2332

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    So I got an email today indicating that I got waitlisted at SBU.

"After reviewing your application, the admissions committee has placed you on a waiting list. During the 2013-14 application cycle, we processed over 830 applications from students just like yourself wanting to become a physical therapist. We thank you in advance for your patience and we remind you that the admission process is highly competitive. Updated GRE scores and completed courses from this Spring semester can move you up in the waiting list so it is important to email results once they become official. If you have any questions about your application status, please do not hesitate to email or call me."

So basically I just send them any updated stuff and they may progress me up the waitlist? Does anyone know when the application process for SBU will be closed for good? Lastly, is the above message indicating that they sent out all their acceptances already was my application just unimpressive so they will look at it again later after they review other applications?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dptkbrown_1385

dptkbrown_1385

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Is this for the class starting in 2015?

4. gorillaz2332

gorillaz2332

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    That is why I was slightly confused as well. The email states "for the 2013-2014 application cycle" so I assumed that it was indicating for the class of 2015 since this is what I applied for. But it seemed really early to already be waitlisted.

5. dptkbrown_1385

dptkbrown_1385

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hmmm that doesn't make much sense. Do you know if they do interviews at SBU?

About the ads