Waitlist blues.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So I'm on three waitlists and the only thing I can do is fiddle my thumbs for the next three months. I guess it is my fault for having a mail out date in november.

If I don't in anywhere, my parents are going to lop my head off.

I really hope I can get in somewhere.

Anyway, back to my minimum wage job to pay off those application fees.

PS: No offense to anyone that got rejections.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm on three waitlists and the only thing I can do is fiddle my thumbs for the next three months. I guess it is my fault for having a mail out date in november.

Your parents are going to lop your head off? Are you Asian by any chance?

Have you written a letter of intent (LOI) to your top school or the one that you think you have the best shot at getting into?

Are you keeping contact with the admissions office to show your continued interest?

Ask them if you can send in more LORs or if there is anything unconventional that would increase your chance of getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you written a letter of intent (LOI) to your top school or the one that you think you have the best shot at getting into?

Are you keeping contact with the admissions office to show your continued interest?

Ask them if you can send in more LORs or if there is anything unconventional that would increase your chance of getting in.

:thumbup: I like this idea, however, I bet schools already have their favorite waitlist applicants picked out by this time..

I def. don't think it hurts to send one. Don't send it more than once. :)

Good luck! You can do it!

I have the waitlist blues, too! Application complete in last week of October, first week of November due to DAT...

Not much we can do about it except express our interest and then wait it out.

Good luck to youuu! Just hope for the best. :thumbup:

Wow, those are great ideas. I will do those tomorrow.

I was fortunate to have 3 interviews this cycle but I'm waitlisted at 2 and still waiting for updates on the 3rd. What now? shake it off and do it all again!!

Last edited:

What do you mean by keeping contact with admidsions? You send letters to them? About what?

After my interviews,

I sent thank you letters to each person I met (met= they were a large part of the interview day), about three weeks before announcement day (December 3rd) I sent an updated CV with my recent publications, updated hours for shadowing, and new awards. This was attached in an email that explained how their school was one I was excited for the opportunity to attend and I couldn't wait to hear back on December 3rd.

(doing what I explained above can be done sincerely and it can be done in a VERY annoying way. Ask other people to look at what your sending and have them tell you how it comes off).

This also worked for my two post-december interviews. my acceptances can obviously be due to other aspects of my application, but I can promise that it is not the grades and DAT aspects...