waitlist-- financial aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vdawg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering.... ok, so if you're waitlisted somewhere and then a spot opens up, I was at first worried that we would be at a disadvantage as far as financial aid goes... but this is prob not as bad as I/we think right? because whoevers spot your taking was probably offered money and that money can be put to use on the person accepted off the waitlist. or is it not that simple? I know we might have to suck it up for a year but private schools run around $50,000 a year for expenses and that can't really be sucked up-

Members don't see this ad.

when I got in off the waitlist last July, I filled out my FA paperwork v. quickly (my FAFSA had been at the school since April) and all of the loans went through within 2-3 weeks. I think most admissions offices are equipped to deal with this so I wouldn't worry about it too much. but be sure to get your FAFSA in ASAP so that it is easy for the FA office to deal with things if you get in. BTW, your moniker sounds very familiar for some reason; do I know you? I went to Maryland for undergrad.. you can PM me if you like, or maybe I'm just imagining things. in any case, good luck.