Waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crowking312

Reaction score
when people on here talk about “a lot of movement” when it comes to waitlists, what counts as a lot (sort of a dumb question). As far as a range, would it be like “wow 5 is a lot” or more of a realistic number like 30ish

Members don't see this ad.

Well, ACOM pulls 20-30 students off the WL for a class of 160. So I guess more than 20% of their OMS-1 enrollment.

I would say this is highly variable depending on the school, do you have one in mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
How's wvsom and lecom?

I don’t have any real numbers but I would think the more established and better schools, the less they will pull from a waitlist. I would think 30 for DO schools in general would be a reasonable number. Some Allopathic schools can pull 50-75 off a waitlist because they don’t offer many acceptances throughout the year, mostly waitlists and holds, for example OHSU..

when people on here talk about “a lot of movement” when it comes to waitlists, what counts as a lot (sort of a dumb question). As far as a range, would it be like “wow 5 is a lot” or more of a realistic number like 30ish
My school will pull anywhere from 20-40 people off the wait list, depending upon the year.

Reactions: 1 user