Waitlist NYCOM 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docgillani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, I received a letter from NYCOM that I am waitlist. I was very confident that I would get in based on my interview. Any advice? What are my chances to get in?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

It all depends on the year - some years the waitlist moves a lot, others it barely moves at all. If you're doing anything new and interesting in the meantime (shadowing or research) it wouldn't hurt to update them with a letter of intent. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet, or do they make waitlist decisions later in the summer?

I agree with Vee, the waitlist at NYCOM is RANKED, so any new information you can give them will only be helpful. Good luck and hope to see you at NYCOM!

I'm calling NYCOM tomorrow to decline my acceptance. Good luck to you guys on the wait list!

Hi, I am and out of state student and was wait listed back in late February. I was curious to know if any one knew how many are approximately on the wait list. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am and out of state student and was wait listed back in late February. I was curious to know if any one knew how many are approximately on the wait list. Thanks in advance.

I would like to know as well... I only know that there is still no movement on the list, although in previous years the list started moving around this time of the year.

as far as i can tell from these threads, everyone who interviewed from 3/16 and afterward was waitlisted. if we assume there were about 25 people interviewed each day, we're looking at 100+ students who were outright waitlisted, not including those waitlisted throughout the application cycle. not exactly a great chance to get in =/

Hello, waitlister here.

I had my interview back in early december, which makes me extra nervous because I was waitlisted even when they had seats available.

NYCOM has a massive class, so even though they waitlisted a lot, I'm thinking there will be a lot of activity to get those waitlisters in.

Hello, waitlister here.

I had my interview back in early december, which makes me extra nervous because I was waitlisted even when they had seats available.

NYCOM has a massive class, so even though they waitlisted a lot, I'm thinking there will be a lot of activity to get those waitlisters in.

I sure hope the list starts moving soon. It's just 8 weeks before school starts and I'm getting nervous here.

Good luck! Let's hope we both get in!

If I get in to the school where I'm waitlisted, I'll be withdrawing from NYCOM and my spot will open up, so please also keep your fingers crossed i get in where I'm waitlisted so one of you might get my spot. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got in off one of my waitlists so I'll be withdrawing as soon as I get the acceptance package. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

I just got in off one of my waitlists so I'll be withdrawing as soon as I get the acceptance package. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Thank you and congrats. I had a question in regards to withdrawing your acceptance. I though the last date to keep an acceptance was late june or else you would have to pay a deposit to the school that you are accepted in. Dose this mean that you will loose your deposit. Thanks.

When you are accepted to a school you generally have a period of time, for me it was around 3 weeks to accept or decline. if you accept you need to pay a deposit, at nycom it is $1500 dollars. If you choose to decline later on you will loose your deposit. I lost a $2000 deposit at another school when I chose to go to NYCOM instead.

When you are accepted to a school you generally have a period of time, for me it was around 3 weeks to accept or decline. if you accept you need to pay a deposit, at nycom it is $1500 dollars. If you choose to decline later on you will loose your deposit. I lost a $2000 deposit at another school when I chose to go to NYCOM instead.

Thanks.

Waitlist is looking sluggish this year compared to last. Hopefully we won't have a fiasco like the 2008 waitlist: http://more.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=532355.

It's a heart wrenching read.
Yea I agree, I haven't heard any thing yet. Have you heard any positive movement. Or if anyone hears any movements please feel free to let us all know. Also I spoke to a student on Facebook recently who is gonna start his second year and he told me that he knew a bunch of kids who got called in as late as two weeks before classes started including himself. We just gotta be strong.

Yea I agree, I haven't heard any thing yet. Have you heard any positive movement. Or if anyone hears any movements please feel free to let us all know. Also I spoke to a student on Facebook recently who is gonna start his second year and he told me that he knew a bunch of kids who got called in as late as two weeks before classes started including himself. We just gotta be strong.

yeah I'm hoping that won't happen to us this year. I haven't heard anything yet... I think I will call admissions again this week to check.

yeah I'm hoping that won't happen to us this year. I haven't heard anything yet... I think I will call admissions again this week to check.

calling in a few minutes... i'll let you guys know what happens :xf:

the lady who picked up was very nice, but she said that it's hard to predict when the waitlist would start moving. she said there's usually the most movement in july or august though so i guess we just have to be patient and hope for the best!

the lady who picked up was very nice, but she said that it's hard to predict when the waitlist would start moving. she said there's usually the most movement in july or august though so i guess we just have to be patient and hope for the best!

I called today as well...a lady said.."if there is a movement, we will let you know"....nothing else.. But when i called couple of weeks before another lady said may be july or august...

I called today as well...a lady said.."if there is a movement, we will let you know"....nothing else.. But when i called couple of weeks before another lady said may be july or august...
Hey just curious to know if anyone has heard any news about movement in the wait list. Thank You.

Hey just curious to know if anyone has heard any news about movement in the wait list. Thank You.

Seems like someone was pulled from the waitlist yesterday... but that was just one guy... I didn't hear anything yet. I think it's time to call the Admissions Office again...

Seems like someone was pulled from the waitlist yesterday... but that was just one guy... I didn't hear anything yet. I think it's time to call the Admissions Office again...

I really wish he said how he was contacted and also let us know what you hear from the office. Thanks.

im relatively certain you find out through snail mail. that's the way it's always been apparently.

Has anyone heard of anyone else getting off the waitlist? Also, I thought they call to notify if you are off the waitlist.

Has anyone heard of anyone else getting off the waitlist? Also, I thought they call to notify if you are off the waitlist.

Hey I called today and they said there has been no movement. I also asked how they will contact us, and they said by phone. The lady didn't know if it was going to move or not though. So hopefully before the end of July.

hope that helps!

Hey I called today and they said there has been no movement. I also asked how they will contact us, and they said by phone. The lady didn't know if it was going to move or not though. So hopefully before the end of July.

hope that helps!

Hi everyone, I am not really that familiar with sdn, but I thought since most of you are in the same position as me, I should post that I was accepted off of the waitlist today. My interview was 3/23, I was waitlisted about two weeks later, and now got accepted. Admissions called to let me know- so the list is moving. Good luck to all!

Hi everyone, I am not really that familiar with sdn, but I thought since most of you are in the same position as me, I should post that I was accepted off of the waitlist today. My interview was 3/23, I was waitlisted about two weeks later, and now got accepted. Admissions called to let me know- so the list is moving. Good luck to all!

I GOT IN!!!:):):):):):) I received a call late afternoon today. yep the waitlist is moving. Good Luck to you all. :)

i got the call on the 9th too!

i got the call on the 9th too!

Congrats everyone in getting in. I hope I get a call or a letter of acceptance too... I am accepted in another school and have everything arranged but I REALLY want to go to NYCOM. Back to waiting..

One of you may have gotten my seat, I withdrew last week from NYCOM, I decided to go to UMDNJ. Hope it helped one of you get in, and best of luck. (I also withdrew from PBL so that might help someone who wanted PBL...I'm still doing PBL at UMDNJ).

Beth

Got in on Friday! Very excited, was about to start orientation at another school on Monday.

Got in today!! Sent a letter on Thursday that I was still interested, so I'm guessing they got it today and it probably helped!

Hey guys....im also on the waiting list and just received a new MCAT score...how do we update our new score to the committee?

Is it done automatically?

Thanks

Hey guys....im also on the waiting list and just received a new MCAT score...how do we update our new score to the committee?

Is it done automatically?

Thanks

I would send an update letter if I were you, especially since it's so close to orientation.