Waitlist Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4corners

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed in the Pre-MD forum there is a waitlist panic thread, so I thought of creating one for us DO pre-meds.

I'll start off, I got a few acceptances, but am waitlisted at a school I like better. I really hope there is movement and I get in. I really hope there is a lot of movement this coming mid May so students get accepted into the school they have been waitlisted at.

The wait feels like forever. I am happy I got at least one acceptance, but I hope I get into that school, so my spot goes to someone else who wants it.

So who else is waitlisted at a school they want to go to?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Those of you waitlisted, there is hope. There are tons of success stories of people getting off the list and being incredibly happy. Just make sure you guys/gals keep your heads up. Plan a trip or find a hobby, keeping busy really helps in the panic department.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just looking at the days I have to wait until I hit the week after the 15th. Also, nothing like having a SO have an acceptance to where you're waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you waitlisted, there is hope. There are tons of success stories of people getting off the list and being incredibly happy. Just make sure you guys/gals keep your heads up. Plan a trip or find a hobby, keeping busy really helps in the panic department.

+1
-Tuesday: I was freaking out, depressed and stressed about starting the application cycle all over again and finding work...
-Wednesday: I got the call and now bursting with happiness bc I'm starting medical school next month!!!

It can happen!!! Hang in there waitlist warriors :)

Reactions: 4 users
+1
-Tuesday: I was freaking out, depressed and stressed about starting the application cycle all over again and finding work...
-Wednesday: I got the call and now bursting with happiness bc I'm starting medical school next month!!!

It can happen!!! Hang in there waitlist warriors :)
Congrats on getting in! I noticed your posts sounded like you would have to reapply, glad you don't have to go through that. At MSU, no less!

For everyone else still in limbo, I came off the waitlist mid-summer. There's hope, even if just a little.

Congrats on getting in! I noticed your posts sounded like you would have to reapply, glad you don't have to go through that. At MSU, no less!

For everyone else still in limbo, I came off the waitlist mid-summer. There's hope, even if just a little.

May I ask where you attend?

I've noticed in the school specific forum some people have been withdrawing their acceptances...hopefully there is more in the coming week or two. Good luck to us all!!

The struggle is real, but then again I've only waited since Feb I'm sure there are people out there who waited longer.

I noticed in the Pre-MD forum there is a waitlist panic thread, so I thought of creating one for us DO pre-meds.

I'll start off, I got a few acceptances, but am waitlisted at a school I like better. I really hope there is movement and I get in. I really hope there is a lot of movement this coming mid May so students get accepted into the school they have been waitlisted at.

The wait feels like forever. I am happy I got at least one acceptance, but I hope I get into that school, so my spot goes to someone else who wants it.

So who else is waitlisted at a school they want to go to?

Most people on that MD waitlist panic thread don't even have ONE acceptance yet. I'm curious to see how many pre-DO's will post on this thread being in that same situation for DO schools.

Most people on that MD waitlist panic thread don't even have ONE acceptance yet. I'm curious to see how many pre-DO's will post on this thread being in that same situation for DO schools.
Yes, I wonder too.

I'm waiting on TCOM with no acceptances in hand. Not a fun feeling.

2 waitlists. We got this :D!! The good news is still to come. If not we just reapply with double strength next cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
No acceptances, waitlisted at PNWU. Been on the waitlist since October and the anticipation is literally killing me!

hang in there all - i got off at the end of june.

most schools usually do not start movement until late may/early june. so this early is unusual. also the hard and fast 15th deadline does not apply to DO schools so i would not pin your hopes on that

good luck to all - i know it is tough wait and i also know how your heart jumps every time your phone rings or you get an email ding.

I'll take end of June haha. I mean screw the reapplication fees.

Has anyone seen any waitlist movement within DO schools?

Maybe after memorial day. I know touro said that they had a May 15th deposit deadline and wanted to give those students until a post-marked day of the 23rd and will wait until the day after memorial day to make any decisions. I would imagine other schools will do something similar to give a grace period for accepted students they are waiting on.

MUCOM is apparently moving a lot. All of first quartile was accepted and now large amounts of second are being depopulated.

MUCOM is apparently moving a lot. All of first quartile was accepted and now large amounts of second are being depopulated.
Best of luck! I really enjoy your posts and am personally rooting for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard much about movement on the AZCOM alternate list? I'm sitting on one acceptance that I'm excited about, but AZCOM is closer to home.

I hope there's still movement at all the DO schools!!