Waitlist Support Group, 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

animalluver101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I feel like we should have a waitlist support group on here! It's always such a big disappointment when you get that call/email, but we'll push through it!

I was just waitlisted at one of my favorite schools (and pretty low on the list, too, unfortunately). I've been through this fiasco before so I know not to get my hopes up. I'm going to stuff my face with Chinese food later. Maybe I'll buy a video game (those switch games are expeeeeensive but I need some comfort gaming lol).

So my question to everyone else waiting is this: what are you doing to keep yourselves busy during this stressful time? What hobbies are getting you through it all?

Members don't see this ad.

As someone who was on 7 waitlists last cycle it can be really hard to hang in there. Just remember that you WILL get to your dream if you keep working at it. I know how much time, money, and energy it takes but I can tell you once you make it will all be worth it. I am more than happy to share my story if anyone needs some motivation to keep on going! Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who was on 7 waitlists last cycle it can be really hard to hang in there. Just remember that you WILL get to your dream if you keep working at it. I know how much time, money, and energy it takes but I can tell you once you make it will all be worth it. I am more than happy to share my story if anyone needs some motivation to keep on going! Best of luck to you all!

Do you know what led to all of those waitlists, and how did you continue to demonstrate interest to eventually get pulled off? I've had two previous cycles where I was interviewed, waitlisted, and ultimately rejected. I'm thankful that I have more interviews this cycle, but I'm still worried that I may be in the same position as previous years. Thanks for any insights you might have!

Reactions: 1 user