Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Waitlist Support Group, 2018

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by animalluver101, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:08 AM.

1. animalluver101

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Hey guys, I feel like we should have a waitlist support group on here! It's always such a big disappointment when you get that call/email, but we'll push through it!

I was just waitlisted at one of my favorite schools (and pretty low on the list, too, unfortunately). I've been through this fiasco before so I know not to get my hopes up. I'm going to stuff my face with Chinese food later. Maybe I'll buy a video game (those switch games are expeeeeensive but I need some comfort gaming lol).

So my question to everyone else waiting is this: what are you doing to keep yourselves busy during this stressful time? What hobbies are getting you through it all?

2. DoctorDragon22

Medical Student
    As someone who was on 7 waitlists last cycle it can be really hard to hang in there. Just remember that you WILL get to your dream if you keep working at it. I know how much time, money, and energy it takes but I can tell you once you make it will all be worth it. I am more than happy to share my story if anyone needs some motivation to keep on going! Best of luck to you all!

animalluver101 likes this.
  3. a-robit

Do you know what led to all of those waitlists, and how did you continue to demonstrate interest to eventually get pulled off? I've had two previous cycles where I was interviewed, waitlisted, and ultimately rejected. I'm thankful that I have more interviews this cycle, but I'm still worried that I may be in the same position as previous years. Thanks for any insights you might have!

animalluver101 likes this.