Waitlist vs. Received/Under Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D3ntalDud3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is in a better position or has "dibs" on a seat, a person who has been waitlisted at a school in say, December, or a person who is still being considered for the second round admissions with status of Received/Under Review? Do the waitlisted people get first offers of the second round acceptances? Or is the wait list for later on in the process? Someone please enlighten me.

Members don't see this ad.

i believe "under review" after an interview for second round acceptances is in better position. Waitlisted people are usually considered only after all interviews and 1st/2nd rounds of acceptances are given out.

being waitlisted early is way better than just waiting to see if ur name will be drawn up...since u got it in dec u should be in fairly good shape..

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe "under review" after an interview for second round acceptances is in better position. Waitlisted people are usually considered only after all interviews and 1st/2nd rounds of acceptances are given out.
Waitlisted individuals are obviously not in the first round of acceptances, but can be includes in 2nd and following rounds of acceptances.

If any of you made an 18 on the RC portion of the DAT, would you tell someone who made a 24 on the same portion that they have bad grammar?

And yes, being able to read efficiently has everything to do with being able to write effectively.

If any of you made an 18 on the RC portion of the DAT, would you tell someone who made a 24 on the same portion that they have bad grammar?

No one ever stated you had "bad grammar". Just understand when to use possesion and when not to. You need to take critism and accept it. Overcome this mental barrier and move on, please.

And yes, being able to read efficiently has everything to do with being able to write effectively.
Well, understand the rules of English to confirm that 24 you earned.

I got a 27 on RC.

What's the problem here, folks?

yeah, i'd have no problem since that section deals with COMPREHENSION and not grammar.

yeah, i'd have no problem since that section deals with COMPREHENSION and not grammar.

Haha wait to respond to something that didn't involve you. You're so awesome guy running your mouth on the internet.

How does this even remotely relate to the OP's question? Take your personal **** elsewhere...

I agree with bjhath,

drockindahouse, you're being quite rude on all posts that I've seen on this website. Seriously, there are enough a**holes in this world, don't be another. If you say your such a street dream, then try to change your attitude and you might consider fulfill another dream you haven't yet accomplished.
You state others are trolls my friend, but you're such a hypocrite do you know that?
Your parents didn't pretty much help you in how to interact with people. Get off your high-horse and get back into reality.
"arrogance has to be earned, tell me how did you earned yours?" (Dr. House)

I agree with bjhath,

drockindahouse, you're being quite rude on all posts that I've seen on this website. Seriously, there are enough a**holes in this world, don't be another. If you say your such a street dream, then try to change your attitude and you might consider fulfill another dream you haven't yet accomplished.
You state others are trolls my friend, but you're such a hypocrite do you know that?
Your parents didn't pretty much help you in how to interact with people. Get off your high-horse and get back into reality.
"arrogance has to be earned, tell me how did you earned yours?" (Dr. House)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Props to the hilarious touch of reality!

Yeah how the hell did RC come into this? Apparently we are struggling to read the actual question..

i agree with bjhath,

drockindahouse, you're being quite rude on all posts that i've seen on this website. Seriously, there are enough a**holes in this world, don't be another. If you say your such a street dream, then try to change your attitude and you might consider fulfill another dream you haven't yet accomplished.
"arrogance has to be earned, tell me how did you earned yours?" (dr. House)

ok

Last edited: