Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdeeeena

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of u who have previously got waitlisted.. do you receive invitation for interviews say as the same time as potential student or they will call u for interview only when a new spot has been opened?

Also if u are waitlisted, after what day u should give up on certain school (of course it depends on schools but approximately when)

finally, if u are a wait listed do u try to contact the school very often or maybe u should sent the adm com letter saying why do u wanna go to that school, or how to make yourself standout from the other waitlisted student.

Members don't see this ad.

for those of u who have previously got waitlisted.. do you receive invitation for interviews say as the same time as potential student or they will call u for interview only when a new spot has been opened?

Also if u are waitlisted, after what day u should give up on certain school (of course it depends on schools but approximately when)

finally, if u are a wait listed do u try to contact the school very often or maybe u should sent the adm com letter saying why do u wanna go to that school, or how to make yourself standout from the other waitlisted student.

You can only get waitlisted after an interview. Regarding "giving up," I think it depends on a variety of circumstances. If it's April/May and you haven't received an interview invite yet, then I'd give up. However, if you have interviewed and you've been waitlisted, depending on the school you can pulled off the waitlist as late as August, just as long as someone drops out.
I should mention that last year, our class roster remained unchanged between early June and the first day of classes.

Is there anything you can do to help your chances once you're on the waitlist? I've been put on NYU's list, but it feels just as bad as not received anything yet.

Stats are BCP/SCI/CUMIL - 2.97/3.12/3.14
DAT AA/TS/PA - 19/19/20

I don't have any classes for the academic update but wonder if I should enroll in one or not. I've worked/volunteered at two clinics for over a year so I'm not sure if more would matter.

Any suggestions on what to do or should I just sit and wait to see how it runs its course? Thanks in advance for any advice.