Waitlisted 2013!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kazy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey if anyone got the dreaded W, this cycle??
I got waitlisted for Notre Dame and its an unranked waitlist so i don't know the procedures for being selected.
Any suggestion to improve my chances of acceptance??
Also if you have been waitlisted at any school please post......
GL to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Members don't see this ad.

I got waitlisted for Notre Dame and its an unranked waitlist so i don't know the procedures for being selected.

Hey Kazy... i just interviewed there on Fri.. i felt it went well... who did u interview with?? and how did u feel about it?? how long did they get back to u?

Yeah it sucks I also got waitlisted for Notre Dame :mad:...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it sucks I also got waitlisted for Notre Dame :mad:...

sorry to hear that, but when did you get your reponse and did they just email you? I still haven't heard anything.

I'm on UMB's and Michigan's waitlist. But I'm thinking about withdrawing myself from the waitlists because I prefer living in philly than in baltimore or michigan.

I'm on UMB's and Michigan's waitlist. But I'm thinking about withdrawing myself from the waitlists because I prefer living in philly than in baltimore or michigan.

how did you find out that you were on the waitlist at UMB?

Any suggestion to improve my chances of acceptance?? Also if you have been waitlisted at any school please post...... GL to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you got waitlisted, but look at it as a maybe instead of a "No". Just finish all your pre-reqs with the best possible grades and get everything else sorted (immunizations, funding, etc) so that you're prepared if they say yes. Some candidates on the accepted/waiting lists don't have these done in time, and that's when the school goes to the waiting list. If you're completely prepared, you may get in earlier. I was waitlisted at two schools last year and I was completely prepared for one and not enough for the other. I think that made the difference for me.

sorry to hear that, but when did you get your reponse and did they just email you? I still haven't heard anything.

No they sent me a letter (snail mail)... and it was about a week after my interview (03/09), when did you interview?

No they sent me a letter (snail mail)... and it was about a week after my interview (03/09), when did you interview?

I had mine the week prior and I actually did get the letter today I also got wait listed :thumbdown:. If I remember correctly they said they invited 150 people to interview and if they are accepting 70 i wonder how many of the remainder got wait listed and how many got denied... Cause I know a good number will be saying no if they get in to another school...So if of the remainder of 80 say 60 get denied and 20 wait listed there might be a good chance? I'm not sure i know they are still doing admissions until end of the month so well have to see... I don't have much hope though to be honest.

<p>Well guess the waiting game continues. Like you, I have very little hope but still hanging in there. </p>
<p>Definitely take all the prereq, just in case like the OP suggested(thanks). I believe most of us on the waitlist are missing prerequisites, n dat was the main reason for their decision( coupled with non stellar grades)...</p>
<p>I interviwed way back in november n the wait is agonizing.</p>

Is it appropriate to call a school to find out what your status is if you have interviewed and have not heard back?