Jul 27, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am a current applicant who is sitting on a few post-I rejections and a few waitlists. I am starting to really freak out. I would start preparing to reapply but my work at lab has also not been very productive (don’t see a paper coming out soon) and have not had the chance to be involved in clinical activities due to covid. Does anyone have any suggestions, or do you think I should not lose hope just yet? I know from Fencer’s data it seems like I need to be patient but it is just really disheartening to keep receiving rejections and waitlist decisions one after another. Feeling very demoralized rn especially because I thought I did really well on interview day at a certain school but still ended up getting waitlisted... So sorry if I seem very whiny!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm in the same boat... I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools, but all I have gotten at this point are waitlists. I know this cycle is different and we really need to be patient... but the waiting is so nerve-wracking 😰

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Aug 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Highkey relatable - I know Fencer also suggested that waitlist movement would be higher this year, but it's definitely just exhausting sitting here, waiting. My friends have heard me say your exact words pretty much on end for the past few weeks haha 😅 I don't think you should lose hope yet! Reapplying is always a possibility ("assume rejection" and all that) so if you're worried, you could try to do virtual volunteering activities (VolunteerMatch has a lot of open opportunities) and look at their science/research offerings if in-person things aren't feasible.

Hoping to hear good things for all of us soon 😬🙏

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 27, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thank you both for the suggestions and encouraging words! Really hoping we will all be accepted somewhere soon!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.