Waitlisted anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fonoaudiologo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Anyone receive word that they've been wait-listed at one of their top choices?

So far I've been put on the waiting list at the University of South Florida. They said they've put me on the 'top' of the list and that there's a good chance I'll be admitted in the next few weeks once they start receiving word back from all those that were sent the initial batch of acceptances.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

Anyone receive word that they've been wait-listed at one of their top choices?

So far I've been put on the waiting list at the University of South Florida. They said they've put me on the 'top' of the list and that there's a good chance I'll be admitted in the next few weeks once they start receiving word back from all those that were sent the initial batch of acceptances.

Anyone else in the same situation?

im in exact same situation "top of the list" at USF

good luck to you! care to share your stats?

BS in Comm Disorders/Speech Hearing Sci
3.692 cumulative
3.830 in major/last 60 hour
1050, 4.0 GRE
A lot of extracurricular, prolly alot more than everyone else ive talked to

I feel like I couldn't have done much more, other than taking the gre a 3rd time, but i was goin broke!, good luck to you and everyone else!

Last edited:

3.692 cumulative
1050, 4.0 GRE

I feel like I couldn't have done much more, other than taking the gre a 3rd time, but i was goin broke!, good luck to you and everyone else!

Hey SLP!

How's is going?
Wow, we are in a similar situation!

GPA 3.56
1100 GRE, 4.0 in writing portion.
Prior military, bilingual with some extracurricular.

Did you complete your undergrad degree at USF as well? Did you apply to any other programs?
If things go well, maybe we'll be classmates!
I wish you and everyone else the best of luck too!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SLP!

How's is going?
Wow, we are in a similar situation!

GPA 3.56
1100 GRE, 4.0 in writing portion.
Prior military, bilingual with some extracurricular.

Did you complete your undergrad degree at USF as well? Did you apply to any other programs?
If things go well, maybe we'll be classmates!
I wish you and everyone else the best of luck too!

Im bilingual too nah, I did my undergrad at another Florida school, I also applied to UF

Officially Wait Listed at the University of Washington, UF and Gallaudet.

-But, Have not heard back from other schools I applied to, does this mean I am wait listed on those?

Does anyone know how many students the Univ. Of Washington usually admits or how many get wait listed?

Last edited:
Officially Wait Listed at the University of Washington.

-But, Have not heard back from 4 other schools I applied to, does this mean I am wait listed on those?

Does anyone know how many students the Univ. Of Washington usually admits or how many get wait listed?

No, I would say about 2/3rds of the schools have gotten back to their applicants..I"m still waiting on a couple myself. Its likely they haven't reviewed all the applications yet or they have and will notify people shortly. It could be in the mail right now :).

As for the UW, I believe I heard they admitted 12-16 outright for 12 spots, I don't know anything about the waitlist numbers however. As an undergrad at the UW, I do know that a decent amount of people get off the waitlist from what I've heard from my friends who are in the AuD program :). I know they had to reject a lot more people this year because 80+ applied. Almost 400 applied for the SLP programs! Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Officially Wait Listed at the University of Washington.

-But, Have not heard back from 4 other schools I applied to, does this mean I am wait listed on those?

spring88's absolutely right!

There's probably quite a few schools out there that haven't even gotten back to their applicants yet. From what I understand, a lot of the Au. D. programs are having their mid-term exams right now...I know my school is. So, that's probably delaying things a little bit. I'm sure you'll hear something back soon :) Good luck to you

3.692 cumulative
1050, 4.0 GRE

Hey SLP,

I've got somewhat of an update from USF. I spoke to one of my professors today and he broke it down a little bit better for me. He said that about 100 people applied to USF's Au.D. program total and that over 400 applied to the SLP program. Even though about 100 applied, not all of the applications were complete. As far as the waiting list goes, they've already begun ranking individuals this past week (as you know from the email) and we could possibly hear something back in the next 2-3 weeks. He said that historically they've had years where a large percentage of applicants deny their acceptances and others where no one does. Did you hear something back from UF? Did you apply to any other schools besides those two? Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Hey SLP,

I've got somewhat of an update from USF. I spoke to one of my professors today and he broke it down a little bit better for me. He said that about 100 people applied to USF's Au.D. program total and that over 400 applied to the SLP program. Even though about 100 applied, not all of the applications were complete. As far as the waiting list goes, they've already begun ranking individuals this past week (as you know from the email) and we could possibly hear something back in the next 2-3 weeks. He said that historically they've had years where a large percentage of applicants deny their acceptances and others where no one does. Did you hear something back from UF? Did you apply to any other schools besides those two? Good luck to you!

Thanks for the update, thats some good info. Do you know your exact rank at USF? I only applied to UF (No email yet, but my email has been messing up as of lately, I called but the admissions director is gone till monday) and USF for AuD. I applied to 5 masters programs in speech, so far ive been rejected from 2. These large applicant pools are killing me. Congrats on getting into UF! are you going there?

Received email that they accepted there first round of students and I'm on the waiting list. I wonder how many get added to these waiting lists as well.. I'm assuming they accept more as people deny their spots, so I'm hopeful! It's nice to get some somewhat good news! :)

No, I would say about 2/3rds of the schools have gotten back to their applicants..I"m still waiting on a couple myself. Its likely they haven't reviewed all the applications yet or they have and will notify people shortly. It could be in the mail right now :).

As for the UW, I believe I heard they admitted 12-16 outright for 12 spots, I don't know anything about the waitlist numbers however. As an undergrad at the UW, I do know that a decent amount of people get off the waitlist from what I've heard from my friends who are in the AuD program :). I know they had to reject a lot more people this year because 80+ applied. Almost 400 applied for the SLP programs! Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

That make me feel much better. ;) I'm also waitlisted for UW, and although it's not my top choice school, I know it's one of the strongest programs. Anyways, do you know anything about the tuition? Compared to other schools, it's perty steep and someone from this forum actually mentioned how UW might offer in-state rate for the out of state students? Just curious.

I am a current UW student and one of the advisors told me their wait list always has a lot of movement so there is still hope for the people who have UW as their top choice. I was accepted there but I don't think I can afford the out-of state tuition so that's at least one spot that is opening up.

They do have an tuition waiver for out of state students who have been living in WA for a year prior to the start of the program. The school voted to discontinue the program but haven't taken an action on it yet. I did not qualify and the out of state tuition is 43k a year, double what Gallaudet and MN charge. IDK if it is worth it or not but I'm not comfortable with that debt load.

Last edited:
I am a current UW student and one of the advisors told me their wait list always has a lot of movement so there is still hope for the people who have UW as their top choice. I was accepted there but I don't think I can afford the out-of state tuition so that's at least one spot that is opening up.

They do have an tuition waiver for out of state students who have been living in WA for a year prior to the start of the program. The school voted to discontinue the program but haven't taken an action on it yet. I did not qualify and the out of state tuition is 43k a year, double what Gallaudet and MN charge. IDK if it is worth it or not but I'm not comfortable with that debt load.

I second what Kissfist said. The UW AuD program consists of a decent number of people from the waitlist. The OOS tuition and location can be a deterrent for some. The location makes it a lot more difficult for people to visit and be familiar with it. Also, the distance may be too far for people to move. There are three AuD programs in TEN and several in NY...tons up and down the east coast (which is all pretty close together) but only three on the west coast. SDSU gets a TON of applicants because its the only school in CA (as well as being a good school of course).

OOS tuition isn't as bad as some may think. Granted it is 43k but it is for only one year and even then you do get financial aid/work study. So in the end, it comes out to be about 10k more. No one ever pays the full cost I don't think. A 3rd year AuD student (when I was asking about cost) pulled up her UW financial aid online and showed me lol.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I'm new here and would like to thank everyone for all the info! Here in CA prospective audiology students are in the dark as far as information goes because of the scarcity of Au.D programs and the abundance of SLP programs. I forked out the money to go to UW's open house and learned that they do accept a good amount of students on their wait list. I too am waitlisted and am hoping to recieve an email notifying me of acceptance. Everyone there is welcoming and many of the current Au.D students I spoke with had been waitlisted students. I think the cost of tuition is a huge obstacle for students, but the city of seattle and university are amazing!

Hey guys I'm new here and would like to thank everyone for all the info! Here in CA prospective audiology students are in the dark as far as information goes because of the scarcity of Au.D programs and the abundance of SLP programs. I forked out the money to go to UW's open house and learned that they do accept a good amount of students on their wait list. I too am waitlisted and am hoping to recieve an email notifying me of acceptance. Everyone there is welcoming and many of the current Au.D students I spoke with had been waitlisted students. I think the cost of tuition is a huge obstacle for students, but the city of seattle and university are amazing!

Hey, welcome!
So did you also apply to SDSU? It seems like you're from Cali as well?

Received the wait list letter from UNC today. I wish they would tell us where we are on the list, but they specifically said in interviews that if we called to ask they wouldn't tell us. Arrrgghhhhh!!! If I wait too long I will lose the $$ I have been offered at another program. Advice? (For background info, UNC is my top choice and the other program is my 2/3.)

Thanks! I did not apply to sdsu. I'm from northern california and figured if I went out of state my chances of receiving financial aid would be greater. I also wasn't too excited about the fact of switching between sdsu and ucsd. I really wish I would have applied though because it is an excellent school and am curious as to where I'd stand. I'm pretty bummed because I was denied by UT Austin and Vandy. I consider myself lucky to be on UW's waitlist because they are my first choice. I'm still waiting to hear back from the University of Colorado, Boulder.

Just got waitlisted at UF with rank #4, anyone else?

Thanks! I did not apply to sdsu. I'm from northern california and figured if I went out of state my chances of receiving financial aid would be greater. I also wasn't too excited about the fact of switching between sdsu and ucsd. I really wish I would have applied though because it is an excellent school and am curious as to where I'd stand. I'm pretty bummed because I was denied by UT Austin and Vandy. I consider myself lucky to be on UW's waitlist because they are my first choice. I'm still waiting to hear back from the University of Colorado, Boulder.

That is a bummer.. but you still have something to look forward to, UW! Besides its steep tuition, it is one of the best programs out there, and I heard 1/3 to 1/2 of the students are the ones that were waitlisted so good luck to you! As for me... I'm leaning a lot to SDSU only because it's in-state. Anyhoo, happy waiting time! :)

I was wait listed at University of Arizona and I was the last person on the wait list and I got in, so you never know.

Good luck to those still waiting and please PM me if anyone has any questions about the UW-Seattle and/or questions about the waitlist.

Last edited:
Has everyone submitted their decisions on where they are attending and letting those know where not attending? I'm on 2 wait lists.. I'm #3 for Syracuse University, so I'm really hoping a spot opens up, it's a crazy position to be in!:scared: Did anyone choose Syracuse? Does anyone know more about it? Thanks everyone, this is an exciting/anxious time in our lives!

Has everyone submitted their decisions on where they are attending and letting those know where not attending? I'm on 2 wait lists.. I'm #3 for Syracuse University, so I'm really hoping a spot opens up, it's a crazy position to be in!:scared: Did anyone choose Syracuse? Does anyone know more about it? Thanks everyone, this is an exciting/anxious time in our lives!

I have my fingers crossed for you, loveAuD! :xf: Syracuse is a great program, I know someone who runs an audiology clinic in the Syracuse area and she has said nothing but good things about the program!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Spring88! I waitlisted both UW and U. of Colorado, but after visiting UW i fell in love with the university. Dr. Coggins talked about the "right fit" students should have with their program because it becomes such an important part of their lives. I emailed Dr.Spencer to express my interest as well. They said they've ranked the students and they should be making decisions as early as this week. Wish me luck!!!

Hi loveAuD, I"m a current SU student so feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the program or anything to do with the area in general. Good luck!