SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Waitlisted at AZCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by nycmets25, Mar 21, 2007.

1. nycmets25

nycmets25

Mar 21, 2007
    I just found out I'm waitlisted at AZCOM after interviewing there a few weeks ago. Anyone else in the same boat? Gotta be honest, I was a bit shocked.

I get the feeling that this late in the game there will be more waitlisters than not.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nycmets25

nycmets25

Mar 21, 2007
    One more thing...does anyone know how AZCOM's waitlist works and if they even use it?

Lots of questions, I know...I have one othe acceptance but was holding out for AZCOM. Thanks.

4. jfeyko

jfeyko

Feb 7, 2007
    i talked to someone at the admissions office a few weeks ago and was told they took everyone off the waitlist last year, but i'm sure it varies year to year.

5. Petek

Petek 7+ Year Member

Oct 15, 2006
    I got waitlisted there last month. It was a surprise for me too. I felt that I nailed the interview but hopefully we will still get a chance to go there.

6. ssunshine4

ssunshine4 7+ Year Member

Mar 14, 2007
    America's Armpit
    I just found I'm on the waitlist too...interviewed there a few weeks ago. Also a little surprised but then again, who knows right?! :) Good luck to everyone waiting for a spot!

7. Testy McAterson

Testy McAterson Bermuda Triangulated. 7+ Year Member

Jul 25, 2006
    your mom's house
    earlier in the year a good handful on here were talking about pre-interview holds/rejections as well as post-interview rejections, yet you a) got an interview and b) were not immediately rejected. not bad! consider sending a letter expressing continued interest and/or intent over the next few weeks if you are holding out. :luck:

8. ssunshine4

ssunshine4 7+ Year Member

Mar 14, 2007
    America's Armpit
    Thanks Testy! I actually just did that today. My only concern is that most people interviewing in this last crop of interviews (myself included) were relegated to the waitlist before we even showed up! :) Looking back at some of the earlier posts, it just really does prove that the early birds were on the ball (and I must have been off my rocker to have waited so long to apply!).

I guess I would just like to have known this ahead of time. AZCOM is my top choice and my poor tattered nerves can't take this waiting anymore! :)

Sorry to vent! I really appreciate everyone's great input and support. I also am just so impressed how smart and together everyone seems to be. Good luck everyone!

9. Vvulf Fenrir

Vvulf Fenrir

Mar 19, 2007
    ssunshine your a gem, I think that you are in good shape being on the alternate listing.
    There were 40 seats available 1 month ago and now AZCOM has has made offers outstanding.
    If you got in recently it is because they are hoping M.D. schools have said no.
    The best news for those on the waitlist is that for the last 15 years AZCOM has emptied their alternate lists, even at the expense of overbooking their classes.
    There are only 82 alternates this year plus whatever they add in April (only two more cycles). Payment deadline is May 18th. So everyone should start to hear back by June 1st.
    Names are evaluated as spots open up so there is not an officail ranking for alternates.

Well done alternates don't think this spells doom, and good luck!

Try to relax because you wont hear back for awhile. :oops:

10. mtthwscott1

mtthwscott1 mtthwscott1 2+ Year Member

Jun 30, 2006
    How do you know how many are on the waitlist and that every year the waitlists are emptied?