Waitlisted at Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EyeAmCommi

Los Angeles Smog
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received news that I've been waitlisted at Columbia. I don't remember ever hearing about anyone being waitlisted there off of SDN. I'm just happy I didn't get rejected but I can't help but feel inferior since I didn't get in instantly.

Did anyone else hear from Columbia from the February 24th interview? Or did anyone ever get waitlisted there?

Members don't see this ad.

I guess nobody has ever been waitlisted there except for me! Haha. :)

Congrats Communist guy. its alright dude, your not rejected and thats whats important. anyway, i heard you got other options (ucla..wow...ucsf ..oooooh lala). haha. anyway gl. i g2g study. lates.

Members don't see this ad :)
EyeAmCommi said:
I just received news that I've been waitlisted at Columbia. I don't remember ever hearing about anyone being waitlisted there off of SDN. I'm just happy I didn't get rejected but I can't help but feel inferior since I didn't get in instantly.

Did anyone else hear from Columbia from the February 24th interview? Or did anyone ever get waitlisted there?

I interviewed the Friday before you did, and I also got waitlisted. Don't worry about not getting in "instantly", I think during my interview they said they had most of the class done. Obviously you had the stats to get the interview, maybe it just was a little late. I submitted AADSAS in mid-Sept. Schools probably got it in Oct-Dec. I think timing is a big thing since it's all rolling admissions.

So that makes the two of us. Do you feel positively about getting accepted off this list? The letter we received blatantly says "this is not a veiled rejection" yet I have a hard time believing it.

But yea I submitted my AADSAS pretty late also. The thing is, Feb 24th was the earliest interview date that I could get despite having heard back from them in early December.

EyeAmCommi said:
So that makes the two of us. Do you feel positively about getting accepted off this list? The letter we received blatantly says "this is not a veiled rejection" yet I have a hard time believing it.

But yea I submitted my AADSAS pretty late also. The thing is, Feb 24th was the earliest interview date that I could get despite having heard back from them in early December.

Who knows, maybe it really is a rejection. Either way you can't bank on it. No guarranteed spot yet. Like I said, who knows if I sent my AADSAS another month earlier. Luckily, I did get in elsewhere, so I'm content.