waitlisted at creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nunnzy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I recieved a letter from creighton saying that the committee has placed me in the alternate pool. What are my chances?

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you have an interview prior to getting wait-listed? What are your stats, how much pharmacy experience do you have, and when did get interviewed?

I just got my interview request from Creighton a few hours ago, so I'm wondering about the school's admission procedure myself. Hopefully, you're high on the wait list.

nunnzy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not get an interview prior to being waitlisted. My stats are not impressive (3.04 gpa and 66 pcat) but i have a lot of pharmacy experience and will have a BS in Biology and a minor in chemistry come this spring. This is also my second year of applying.

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me in December. I don't think we have much of a chance, I hate to say. My brother in Law goes to pharmacy school there and his friend was on the admissions comittee as a 3rd year student, and so he called his friend to ask him. His friend said that the chances are very slim. I wouldn't count on anything. Sorry to break the bad news to you but its better than waiting. I hope this helps. I have very similar stats GPA 2.95 and PCAT 79 %. I feel your frustrations! Did you apply to any other schools?

MonoMatt304

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got waitlisted w/o an interview back in December. GPA 3.4 (pre-req - 3.1).

I wouldn't take it personally... seems like a rather difficult school to get into.

nunnzy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me in December. I don't think we have much of a chance, I hate to say. My brother in Law goes to pharmacy school there and his friend was on the admissions comittee as a 3rd year student, and so he called his friend to ask him. His friend said that the chances are very slim. I wouldn't count on anything. Sorry to break the bad news to you but its better than waiting. I hope this helps. I have very similar stats GPA 2.95 and PCAT 79 %. I feel your frustrations! Did you apply to any other schools?

I have also applied to UNMC, Drake, South, and Wyoming. I still have hope.