• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

nunnzy

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
I recieved a letter from creighton saying that the committee has placed me in the alternate pool. What are my chances?

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Omaha, NE via Lincoln, NE - Home of college footba
unl.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Did you have an interview prior to getting wait-listed? What are your stats, how much pharmacy experience do you have, and when did get interviewed?

I just got my interview request from Creighton a few hours ago, so I'm wondering about the school's admission procedure myself. Hopefully, you're high on the wait list.

nunnzy

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
I did not get an interview prior to being waitlisted. My stats are not impressive (3.04 gpa and 66 pcat) but i have a lot of pharmacy experience and will have a BS in Biology and a minor in chemistry come this spring. This is also my second year of applying.

About the Ads

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
The same thing happened to me in December. I don't think we have much of a chance, I hate to say. My brother in Law goes to pharmacy school there and his friend was on the admissions comittee as a 3rd year student, and so he called his friend to ask him. His friend said that the chances are very slim. I wouldn't count on anything. Sorry to break the bad news to you but its better than waiting. I hope this helps. I have very similar stats GPA 2.95 and PCAT 79 %. I feel your frustrations! Did you apply to any other schools?

MonoMatt304

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I got waitlisted w/o an interview back in December. GPA 3.4 (pre-req - 3.1).

I wouldn't take it personally... seems like a rather difficult school to get into.

nunnzy

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
The same thing happened to me in December. I don't think we have much of a chance, I hate to say. My brother in Law goes to pharmacy school there and his friend was on the admissions comittee as a 3rd year student, and so he called his friend to ask him. His friend said that the chances are very slim. I wouldn't count on anything. Sorry to break the bad news to you but its better than waiting. I hope this helps. I have very similar stats GPA 2.95 and PCAT 79 %. I feel your frustrations! Did you apply to any other schools?

I have also applied to UNMC, Drake, South, and Wyoming. I still have hope.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.