Waitlisted at dream school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChubMuffin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm currently waitlisted at an extremely low-yield school (GWU). Can anyone give any advice on what the chances are of coming off the waitlist this late in the game? Thankfully, I have another acceptance and will be attending medical school in August. But, I just want to know if it's even worth holding out any hope for GW. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I'm currently waitlisted at an extremely low-yield school (GWU). Can anyone give any advice on what the chances are of coming off the waitlist this late in the game? Thankfully, I have another acceptance and will be attending medical school in August. But, I just want to know if it's even worth holding out any hope for GW. Thanks in advance.
Impossible to answer

Reactions: 1 user
Here's the thing, at this late stage in the game, GWU knows you're on the waitlist and knows that you have an acceptance somewhere else. To them, that probably pushes you down on the list because if any late holes open, they want low hanging fruit. If GWU really is your dream school and you want to go there, now is the only time I ever think letters of intent are reasonable... but you have to be serious. Tell them without mincing words that you want to be there. Be bold, offer to pay the deposit now.

It could turn out that you're so far down on the list that this means nothing, but the least you can do is try.

How do you know that GWU is low yield? Just curious