Waitlisted at Meherry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alex_shimp

Application Cycle..... good luck all.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a notice that I am waitlisted in Meherry.. do you guys know if there is a good chance of getting past it? I guess that all depends on how many people they have waitlisted...

Anyways just thought I'd post it in case someone went thru it last year or what not..

Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a notice that I am waitlisted in Meherry.. do you guys know if there is a good chance of getting past it? I guess that all depends on how many people they have waitlisted...

Anyways just thought I'd post it in case someone went thru it last year or what not..

Thanks..

I honestly can't tell you how good your chances are. But I was waitlisted before being accepted earlier this month.

How long were you on the list?

Members don't see this ad :)
HEy, did you interview on Feb 2nd? I think I might have met you. I am the other Canadian from Mac. I haven't heard anyhting yet from Meharry.

Yeh, I remember you :) I just got an email this morning, I think if you get an acceptance they send it to you via mail so maybe you are in better shape then I am :)

haha

Good luck

Do they notify you prior to May 15th if you are accepted? in the email it said I'd find out after May 15th?

My email said AFTER May 15. I am not holding my breath for this one. :(

i interviewd feb 5th. something unforseen must have gone wrong in the interview, because they said "if you're here, mcats and grades don't matter."

either they are completely full of ****, or i'm too white. who knows... i really liked it there too

i interviewd feb 5th. something unforseen must have gone wrong in the interview, because they said "if you're here, mcats and grades don't matter."

either they are completely full of ****, or i'm too white. who knows... i really liked it there too

I know what you mean. Im Indian, so I pretty much know I am going to be rejected :( I really liked Meharry and Nashville.

Yeah the e-mail said May 15th, yeh I am not hoping for much here, but who knows..

-- wonder if they wait list everyone who does not get accepted .. be interesting to know :)

I got the same email. :( And I really really like that school. I interviewed on Jan. 29th. I guess the positivity in this is that there is still a fighting chance.
Now begins the praying and fasting...............

From what i can tell Meharrys waitlist moves alot. Keep in mind their school starts in JUNE! Which is why i withdrew my acceptance, and i think theres gonna be a lot of poeple like me!

Good luck, Talk to them alot, im pretty sure their waitlist isn't ranked. I got my interview by telling them i wanted to interview and they said ok, so there pretty loose on their SOP's.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just withdrew my acceptance as well...thers another spot!!

Yeah I hope I can move up to an acceptance... would be nice :) but I am not hoping for much due to the many factors playing against me..

How long were you on the list?

I interviewed Nov 10, waitlisted Dec 1 and accepted Feb 2.

And guys, please disregard the May 15th mentioned in the email. That was written in the waitlist email I received too. As of now, their class is probably filled, however, as more and more accepted applicants withdraw, the truth of the matter is that you can be accepted anytime before May.

If you're waitlisted, it'll be a good idea to send Mr. Mosley an email letting him know of your interest in attending. And it'll be a great idea to send in your fall or spring transcripts as soon as it is ready (if your school is on a quarter system). Unfortunately, in the waitlist game, sometimes, the wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease...um...gets the acceptance, I guess I should say. :D

Good luck to those of you waiting! :luck:

yea i know what you mean, i did too. :(
well doesn't hurt to keep hoping.. but also having a backup plan just in case i guess

yea i know what you mean, i did too. :(
well doesn't hurt to keep hoping.. but also having a backup plan just in case i guess

I have no back up plans except to apply to Osteopathic and Caribbean schools next year.

Hey I am a white Canadian, my chances are lower then yours :) heh

I did apply to carib schools as a back up tho..

I have no back up plans except to apply to Osteopathic and Caribbean schools next year.

no shame in osteopathic schools. you can still get to the same place as allopathic in the end. i know plenty of osteopathic surgeons, radiologists and dermatologists. most are in the midwest. you go out to the midwest you'd have trouble finding an MD. it's just more prevelant than on the east coast.

Hey I am a white Canadian, my chances are lower then yours :) heh

I did apply to carib schools as a back up tho..

i applied to newfoundland in canada and got an interview actually. it was a really cool experience and i'd def go there if i got in.

Really? Newfoundland... what are your stats if you don't mind? I never thought of applying out of province because for some reason I thought they don't take many....

Really? Newfoundland... what are your stats if you don't mind? I never thought of applying out of province because for some reason I thought they don't take many....

my stats are not very sexy but here they are. i got a 26 on the mcats, have a 3.6 cum gpa, but i have a lot of experience. i've been published, i worked as a nurse aid for 3 years, and i'm currently doing research at the national institutes of health.

when i went for my interview, there was only one other american and a lot of out of province people. some were applying for their 3rd time... 3 years of waiting! that's gotta be tough

hrmm interesting... yeh I did not know about NFL.. for some reason thought you needed at least a 32+ on the mcat if you are out of province... oh well..

maybe next year :)

hrmm interesting... yeh I did not know about NFL.. for some reason thought you needed at least a 32+ on the mcat if you are out of province... oh well..

maybe next year :)

i bought a book that highlighted all of the stats for med schools. you know the ones that give average mcat scores, ranges, percentage of matriculation breakdowns on race, gender etc....

for newfoundland the avg. mcat score was a 27, so i'm not sure where you got 32 from. i got an interview with a 26 and i thought all went well, so we'll see what happens. i won't know until the end of march because that's when they tell everyone.

I was waitlisted there 2 years ago...lets just say I didn't get my rejection letter until the middle of Oct or Nov of that year. Maybe I was the lucky one who slipped through the gaping holes in their admissions office. But it all works out in the long run if u really work hard. I like Louisville much better :D