waitlisted at temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharsky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got on the continuing candidates list at temple which i'm assuming is the same as the waitlist. is temple still offering acceptances now? and does anyone know if they have good waitlist movement?

Members don't see this ad.

sharsky said:
i got on the continuing candidates list at temple which i'm assuming is the same as the waitlist. is temple still offering acceptances now? and does anyone know if they have good waitlist movement?
Temple has great waitlist movement, from what I've been told. I think somebody asked at our interview group (since we were told that there were no acceptances available anymore), and the response was that approximately half of the waitlist will eventually see an acceptance letter.

I think their waitlist movement is good. I just received my refund from withdrawing my Temple acceptance. That should help someone. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm not a resident though...will that make a difference?

Temple tries to keep its class composition 60% instate, 40% outstate. Whether or not the waitlist moves or when is a matter of conjecture -- but I wish you luck. It sucks to wait - I was waitlisted 3 places last year until late April before I got in somewhere.

I got my Temple acceptance in late June. Audrey Uknis will call you up and offer you a spot if you make it. (At least that is what happened to me).

It is interesting though - the year before mine did not have as much waitlist movement as this years class.

Temple rocks!

Good to know, you have more information about the waitlist situation at Temple than the secretaries! I am in a similiar situation and I am just waiting to figure out if they are going to have me or not. ANyone else out there with Temple ccl stories or advice?

Holayter said:
Good to know, you have more information about the waitlist situation at Temple than the secretaries! I am in a similiar situation and I am just waiting to figure out if they are going to have me or not. ANyone else out there with Temple ccl stories or advice?

Well - you can try writing them updates and Loi's if it is indeed your first choice. I didn't do either and I got off the list, though - so who knows. As for advice, this is one that you just sort of have to wait out. It is sort of crummy, but you get used to it.

I was placed on the continuing candidate list back in december. I got accepted in March. so if this is in fact the "waitlist" then they have already started taking people of it. I withdrew a while ago. Hopefully that will help you guys.

Holayter said:
hey holayter,
I am in a similar situation.....i am too in a continuing candidate list and just last thursday they e-mailed me asking me for my current addresses etc. I wonder if you got similar email....but maybe that you already got accepted. I am getting impatient about Temple......not sure whether they will accept me in that case when? Last night I e-mailed my LOI ..... i expected some replies at least, but nothing at all.
Let us know if you got in.

sharsky said:
Hey Sharsky,
any news from Temple? I am in the same boat.

interviewed end of Feb, received continue candidate list letter in mid march, sent in updated info via email last thursday, received acceptance via email the following day (friday). not sure what the cc list means, if its a waitlist, then i guess it means its moving?

My experience: I was waitlisted at Temple since November 03, and received an acceptance email (and follow up letter) just last week. I've since withdrawn. So, one more free spot is open.

hey MED123
nope no news from temple...i'm gonna write a letter of interest or maybe intent? not sure if it's my number one choice though...debating between nymc and temple...i started a thread on that actually. what do you guys think?

sharsky said:
hey MED123
nope no news from temple...i'm gonna write a letter of interest or maybe intent? not sure if it's my number one choice though...debating between nymc and temple...i started a thread on that actually. what do you guys think?

I posted the following on another thread on Temple, but I think its also appropriate here:
about CCL........I searched the SDN and found this thread from 2002 called: Anyone on Temple's CCL list hear anything yet? at this site: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=5771&highlight=LOI+temple

I got a bit depressed following these students who were in similar situation and a few of them didn't end up there. So, I am not being all too optimistic now with Temple.....so, if I don't get in, I won't be too disappointed.

Sharsky, in terms of Temple or NYMC....I think that you should go where you feel more comfortable.

Good Luck :luck:

To those who are waiting on Temple CCL,
how many of you are serious about attending. I would certainly attend Temple if I get accepted. I am just trying to see how many of us are in the same situation. Lets keep us informed to see who gets off the waitlist.

I would definately go to Temple if they gave me the chance!

Hey all,
does anyone know when the orientation begins and what is the first day of classes at Temple? Also, has anyone been pulled off the CCL yet?

Thanks guys and good luck

MED123 said:
Hey all,
does anyone know when the orientation begins and what is the first day of classes at Temple? Also, has anyone been pulled off the CCL yet?

Thanks guys and good luck

I was pulled of the CCL in mid March, before they stopped interviewing. I don't know when orientation starts because I turned down the offer.