Waitlisted at UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlissfullyHappy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I've been waiting and waiting so anxiously for my UCSF letter for so long. And today, I received my letter and I got waitlisted. I'm pretty bummed; I'm in the low 20s. Anyone else waitlisted at UCSF? I need the support:)! I'm still optimistic...

I wonder what my chances are??? More waiting for me....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! You are not alone. Im on the waitlist too. High teens. Guess the waiting begins...Do you know when the first update will be? It didnt specify on the automated waitlist emails sent to me.

Hey! You are not alone. Im on the waitlist too. High teens. Guess the waiting begins...Do you know when the first update will be? It didnt specify on the automated waitlist emails sent to me.

high teens stand a good chance. don't give up hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
the website said they accepted as much as 48 in the past,so don't worry, keep you hopes up!

My waiting also ended with the waitlisted status. I am midteens. I am keeping my hopes up but the long wait is killer. good luck to everyone on the waitlist. Did you guys get accepted any where else?

I got this from the email they sent me: (May 18th seems soooo long!)
Status Update #1: May 18th, 2007

Status Update #2: June 15th, 2007

Status Update #3: July 13th, 2007

Email Position Update #1: August 3rd, 2007

Email Position Update #2: August 10th, 2007

Email Position Update #3: August 17th, 2007

Email Position Update #4: August 24th, 2007

Email Position Update #5: August 31st, 2007

Email Position Update #6: September 7th, 2007

i'm in the 30s =)

anyone wanna trade numbers? high teens sounds pretty good to me

Thanks! My email that those updates listed without the dates!

I got this from the email they sent me: (May 18th seems soooo long!)
Status Update #1: May 18th, 2007

Status Update #2: June 15th, 2007

Status Update #3: July 13th, 2007

Email Position Update #1: August 3rd, 2007

Email Position Update #2: August 10th, 2007

Email Position Update #3: August 17th, 2007

Email Position Update #4: August 24th, 2007

Email Position Update #5: August 31st, 2007

Email Position Update #6: September 7th, 2007

Hey you guys should feel lucky, I got waitlisted to 43. Boooooo:(

I was waitlisted also in the 20s, it sucks to continue this long wait... I know we all cannot wait until May 18...

I think everyone from 1-30 has a really good chance. I'm 45 so I'm rather jealous of your positions :(

is everyone here willing to go to SF even if you're notified a week before school - so you already invested and made plans to go elsewhere

Members don't see this ad :)
is everyone here willing to go to SF even if you're notified a week before school - so you already invested and made plans to go elsewhere

That is a concern of mine. What would happen to financial aid? I'm sure most of you are accepted to other schools; so, what if that other school starts in August and you are already enrolled, but then UCSF calls you in September? What would you do? Would you lose money at the school you're already enrolled in? How about housing? Seems like a big headache if UCSF pulls us off the waitlist at the last minute.

That is a concern of mine. What would happen to financial aid? I'm sure most of you are accepted to other schools; so, what if that other school starts in August and you are already enrolled, but then UCSF calls you in September? What would you do? Would you lose money at the school you're already enrolled in? How about housing? Seems like a big headache if UCSF pulls us off the waitlist at the last minute.

I know Western/Touro starts in August and both those schools are a possibility for me. Touro gave a list of dates corresponding to when you drop and how much refund you get back from tuition. I'm sure Western has a similar policy - drop before the first day of school and get 100% refund.

If UCSF calls in September...then it comes down to how much you really want to go because you're going to lose money. Also have to think that UCSF in the long run would be cheaper. As far as housing - mmmm try and find a place that is on a month to month basis till you find out for sure?

Yea, it will be a big headache if they called last minute - its one of those things where you wish they didn't call, but at the same time you're happy they called.

bleh... anyone know how many are on the waitlist?:confused:

I know Western/Touro starts in August and both those schools are a possibility for me. Touro gave a list of dates corresponding to when you drop and how much refund you get back from tuition. I'm sure Western has a similar policy - drop before the first day of school and get 100% refund.

If UCSF calls in September...then it comes down to how much you really want to go because you're going to lose money. Also have to think that UCSF in the long run would be cheaper. As far as housing - mmmm try and find a place that is on a month to month basis till you find out for sure?

Yea, it will be a big headache if they called last minute - its one of those things where you wish they didn't call, but at the same time you're happy they called.

Actually, for me, I applied out of state (CA) to other schools and got into SUNY, Buffalo. That school begins classes on Aug. 27th. Financially, Buffalo is way cheaper. So I don't know if I really should still consider UCSF. If I choose to take their offer of admission (if they do offer), then I would not only lose my deposit money to UB but also go to a way more expensive school. The good thing is that UCSF is way more prestigious and SF is more exciting than Buffalo. What would you guys do in my shoes?

Actually, for me, I applied out of state (CA) to other schools and got into SUNY, Buffalo. That school begins classes on Aug. 27th. Financially, Buffalo is way cheaper. So I don't know if I really should still consider UCSF. If I choose to take their offer of admission (if they do offer), then I would not only lose my deposit money to UB but also go to a way more expensive school. The good thing is that UCSF is way more prestigious and SF is more exciting than Buffalo. What would you guys do in my shoes?

Well I'm sure when the time comes, you'll know how to decide. I know money is a factor and of course we would all like to be in as least debt as possible once we're done - then it comes down to what's more important to you? Paying more for a "way more prestigious" school OR finishing school with less debt?

So I got my first Status Update in the mail (dated April 10th).

I moved one spot! !!!! LOL!

It also listed what pre-reqs and transcripts were needed. I wonder if we will still get another update in May....

It also listed what pre-reqs and transcripts were needed. I wonder if we will still get another update in May....

wow, I guess they sent it a little early.

But 1 spot!!!! OMG!!! *sighs*... looks like this is the year they take less than 10 off the waiting list

=(

only one spot:eek: guess we are in for a really long wait. but i thought the 1st update was in may. well it's reassuring to keep hearing from them.

I got the same letter today. I also moved up one spot. sigh...

Yup, got the same letter today too. Moved up 2 spots =/

So where are the rest of you guys going in the meantime..???

I'll be heading to Western for now....

I moved up two spots, but I don't think I'll go now even if I get off the waitlist. So whoever is #46, whoever is there, will be very pleased if the list even makes it up that far.

Yup, got the same letter today too. Moved up 2 spots =/

So where are the rest of you guys going in the meantime..???

I'll be heading to Western for now....

Ill be heading to Pacific U in Oregon. Im pretty excited about it, tho if SF ever calls it would be hard to resist the offer. The latest I may wait for the wait list is July....

got another letter from SF today....

too bad it had nothing to do with admissions!!! "loss of personal information....unauthorized electronic access to this server...." !!! man.... did anyone else get this letter?

Yep I got one of those identity theft warning letters. Argh!

I called UCSF today since my file was on hold for needed transcripts. They told me that we will indeed get an update letter in May also. (Since we didnt expect one in April).

Yep - I even got the letter - old faculty & alumni. I guess they got the SSI#s

Yep I got one of those identity theft warning letters. Argh!

I called UCSF today since my file was on hold for needed transcripts. They told me that we will indeed get an update letter in May also. (Since we didnt expect one in April).

what number did you call? I want to confirm what transcripts I need to send them.

Ohhh, and are any of you setting the "fraud alert"? Or just crossing your fingers for now...?

what number did you call? I want to confirm what transcripts I need to send them.

Ohhh, and are any of you setting the "fraud alert"? Or just crossing your fingers for now...?

Call the number that was on the letters from UCSF that's the number I used. Or you can try calling the number on the pharmcas website for UCSF 415/ 476-2732. I don't know if both numbers are same bec. I don't have my letter with me right now.

not setting the fraud alert. for now just crossing my fingers.

Yep, I used that same number too.

Just to give everyone here a little more hope, I declined UCSF's offer of admission, so that's one more spot for you guys!! Best of luck to all of you! :luck:

Just to give everyone here a little more hope, I declined UCSF's offer of admission, so that's one more spot for you guys!! Best of luck to all of you! :luck:

ohhhh... you're the one =) THANKS THANKS

now 30+ more to go =( hehe

just curious, what did you choose over SF?

ohhhh... you're the one =) THANKS THANKS

now 30+ more to go =( hehe

just curious, what did you choose over SF?

i think since her location is NC, she chooses UNC :D , which is obviously a top-notch school.