Waitlisted at UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grinningrice

Clean your dentures!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UGH, so I checked infosource today, and they just updated today that I was waitlisted :( Does anyone know what chance "waitlisted" people have at UIC? I know at Case, if you are waitlisted, your just as good as rejected. Does anyone know about that at UIC? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

grinningrice said:
UGH, so I checked infosource today, and they just updated today that I was waitlisted :( Does anyone know what chance "waitlisted" people have at UIC? I know at Case, if you are waitlisted, your just as good as rejected. Does anyone know about that at UIC? Thanks

Not sure. I checked infosource and mine still says 'under review' for UIC. I am holding onto a small sliver of hope but will probably be attending elsewhere.

I just talked to Jil Hofmeister today. She told me that I am one of 30 that is on a waitlist. It is still building up, and will be ranked at the end of March. They usually take 5-10 people off the waitlist, however they will call them off from the end of march all the way to the first friggen day of class! :mad: Where do you think you are gonna end up going, studylikemad?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I got waitlisted too. Grinningrice, I was wondering what your stats were and if you told SIU if you were attending or not.

I also called Jill and she told me that I was put on the waitlist because I didn't have enough science classes, but I took all the prereqs and human anatomy, human physiology, and biochemistry.

Make sure that when they rank the list you find out where on the list you are. Last year I was wait listed and they ranked me around the 10th spot. When they told me that, obviously I knew 10 people would not turn down admission. However, if you are ranked right at the top you'll have a pretty good shot at getting in. Best of Luck to you.

cpatel15 said:
Hey,
I got waitlisted too. Grinningrice, I was wondering what your stats were and if you told SIU if you were attending or not.
SIU knows that I am not attending, I have a 3.6 cum and a 3.2 science, 17/18 DAT. How about you?

i have a 20/20/17 and 3.5 gpa and 3.2 cumm engineering gpa